The perfect handgun safe

Nagano21

Just looking for some quick rec's/help.
I am finally looking to purchase a small handgun safe to keep a locked handgun in my bedroom. I have been doing quite a bit of research but can't find that "perfect" one. I spent a lot of time looking at the Gunvault line (those are the ones with electronic hand print combo). All the reviews made them seem cheap and very quirky.
These are my requirement, let me know what you recommend.
Needs to be able to be bolted down.
I prefer a combo and key lock entry
Combo needs to be either digital/elect or Roller style like a suitcase has
Lock can not be turn style like what a masterlock padlock has
Fire proof is a plus but not a must.
Not something crazy expensive.
Really only need one gun to be stored so not looking for something huge, got that already.

Thanks in advance.

cwok

Outside the box solution...

A small Samsonite type briefcase with a 'roller' type lock -- drill holes for the bolts to secure it to a table.
If you simply want this in order to 'to keep little hands' off the weapon', then you don't need a steel case.

I'd look for one with four rollers vice three -- but its your situation.

An advantage is that anyone having visual access to your bedside table (guest using bathroom) won't recognize it as a "GunSafe".

Doyle

I've got one of the top-opening drawer safes (really a strong box). I can't remember if it is a Sentry or Gunvault. It has an electronic pushbutton lock that can be used in total darkness plus a key override to use if the battery wears out. Even if it were bolted down, it wouldn't stop a determined thief but that really isn't its job. Its job in my house is to keep a curious kid out while still allowing ready access in the middle of the night. For that, it works just fine.

Nagano21

Great idea with the briefcase. Is the metel strong enough that a bold going through it and being pryed wouldnt just tear the metel? I guess you could use large washers to make the surface area larger. I am still looking around but like the suggestions.

Wolfeye

Not quite up to your specs, but I use two V-Line safes that I like. They have push-button keys that I like because you can use them in the dark, and tubular locks that you can use to supplement the keypad lock. No batteries needed. I'd consider them moderately secure, maybe about the same as an average Gunvault.

FAS1

This http://www.fas1safe.com would be an excellent choice for you. 3/16" welded steel construction, no batteries or power source required, mount vertically or horizontally anywhere you like. Gas assist strut opens door quickly and quietly presenting your gun to you in the same position every time while the holster covers the trigger. Current price is $189.00 - MADE IN THE U.S.A.

12421583724691669415992.jpeg

1242157303935102392626.jpeg

Mine is mounted to my bed frame and I leave the door open at night since my kids are grown and gone. Pistol is holstered right next to my pillow at night and very accessible. The simplex lock is very easy to open in the dark by feel only as opposed to any other type of combo lock that you need to see to operate.