The movie Appaloosa!

Blondie.357

I just saw this movie and was quite pleased with it as a western. I haven't seen a good western in a long time, but anyway they seemed to have made an effort to make the gun battles realistic. The way firearms were handled and sounded definitely wasn't typical hollowood cliche.

Does anyone know what type of wheelgun Jack Bell was using?

olyinaz

My favorite line in the movie was after the gunfight the two heroes are laying on the ground wounded and one of 'em groans, "Well that was quick..."

The other one says, "Everyone knew how to shoot!"

:D

Cheers,
Oly

Blondie.357

Ah that link had every single firearm in it. Nice. Thanks.

Yeah, I can't get enough of this movie, the more I watch it the better it gets.

I like the trial part when Bragg takes the stand and spews his nonesense and then the judge responds.

Eloquent Mr. Bragg...

But unconvincing..

I FIND YOU GUILTY OF THESE CHARGES AND SENTENCE YOU TO HANG!

And the hanging was to take place the next day.
Talk about a swift verdict and punishment.

Oh and it wasn't Jack Bell, It was Virgil Cole I was wondering about. That was a mistype.

ADB

My favorite line in the movie was after the gunfight the two heroes are laying on the ground wounded and one of 'em groans, "Well that was quick..."

The other one says, "Everyone knew how to shoot!"

:D That was priceless. I've seen the movie and read the book, and something pretty close to that line was in the book too. But I definitely think that in the film they played it as a little bit of an in-joke on traditional "westerns" where you have a 15-minute battle without anyone important getting shot.

JimKo

I liked the movie.I like most westerns . I`ve read Robert B. Parkers "Spenser "books and also "Apaloosa" . I`m a big fan of his books . I never watch a movie looking for the authenticity of the gun scenes . For me it would just take away the fun of going . Just looking for a good entertaining story . I know most of these writers and movie makers are no expert on firearms , and I know I am not either . I also like "3:10 To Yuma " , that came out a while back. You don`t get a whole lot of westerns being made like when I was a kid . Enjoy them and don`t nitpick the details , you`ll have more fun .