The Itch/ Springfield

garryc

I have always been an XD fan. One of my carry guns is an XD subcompact 40.

This XD Mod2 came out, now I have that itch. I do find the words 'Grip Zone" on the side of the grip rather stupid looking.

96676_1.jpg

tahunua001

ahh yet another "I hate grip zone" thread. I think by now we've established the fact that the words "grip zone" are stupid.

moving past that, I think that springfield did a good job updating the XD as the grip texture is often the biggest gripe people have about the old XD pistol.

garryc

I didn't know there was such a thread. Otherwise that grip looks down right cozy. The certainly did doll up the gun. Love my XD, but she's pretty plain lookin'. Now I have to decide if the improvements are worth the cost.

Last edited:

tahunua001

so far, that I've noticed. every thread so far regarding the mod2 has degenerated to dozens of complaints about the words on the grip and zero useful information.

I have yet to lay hands on one myself. a few weeks back I took a CCW class and a woman there somehow got her hands on one. I wanted to shoot it so bad but we ran late and the gun range closed immediately following the class so I wouldn't have had the chance to try it even if she would have let me...

... damn people and their hookups.