The holster that I want

Carlo

Hello, after experimentation and thinking, I've come to the conclusion that the holster that would be best for me is as follows.
fondina.jpg

Is any holstermaker making it, by chance?

MLeake

+1 Jim March

on Simply Rugged...

... except I think you are incorrect - removable straps are a $15.00 option. I'm not sure what they look like. With the SimplyRugged design, the holster holds the gun quite well without need for a strap.

Another quality maker is Sam Andrews. The photos on his site for the Saddle style have autos in them, but I know he makes them for revolvers, as well. I had a thumbbreak model for an SP101 that looked a lot like Carlo's drawing.

http://andrewsleather.com/

Carlo

Uh, that is very nice! I guess those belt loops would allow me to use the holster as an IWB, should I need to. It seems they don't do it for K and L frame, though.

MLeake

K and L frame

They have them, Carlo, if you mean Simply Rugged.

However, the K,L, and N frame holsters are under "Pancake," "Texas Pancake," or "Long Hunter."

The "Sourdough Pancake" is specifically for J-frames.

Just go to the SimplyRugged.com website, and open the link to the online store. You'll see the different makes.

If you have a 4" K or L frame, you will probably want the regular Pancake. You can get the Pancake with the inside out straps if you want; I just got one for my 13-3 3" K-frame. However, I don't expect to use it as an IWB very often; the straps and connecting hardware are detachable, and are currently in my gun safe.

Nice thing about the strap system - leave them on, and use as IWB, or take them off, and use the holster as OWB.

Carlo

If they can put the belt loop at the height of the trigger guard and not under it, it's fine for me.

MLeake

Contact info is on the websites

Carlo, I know Sam Andrews is good about discussing what you want over the phone, but since you're in Italy that could be expensive, and you'll have to account for time zones (Florida is GMT-5 right now). Sam's phone number is on the site andrewsleather.com

The Leahys at Simply Rugged have been very good about answering emails, so you could try that route. Their contact info is on simplyrugged.com.

Good luck,

M

the_collector

I have one quite similiar to what you want...

pm me if you want pics or details...my cpu is not agreeing with my photobucket account right now but i can email or whatever
I believe it is made by World Class Leather or at least a company with a name like it...i will have to go check later