The Gunny formerly know as David

Schmit

Staff Alumnus
For those that care....

For some reason or other when I registered on TFL I used my given name. The only reason I can think of is that this was a new BB and other members were unknown to me personally and knew not Schmit. Due to a unforseen circumstance I felt it necessary to now go by the name family, friends and fellow works call me.

The change was driven by the fact that Rich offered me a Moderatorship in The Art of the Rifle Forum. Despite my conviction that he must be on a drunken binge I excepted.

Due to the fact that a finite number of people have addressed me as David for over the past 25 years I do not respond readily to that name. Sooooo with the Moderatorship I felt it necessary to change my registered name so it appears as something I will respond to.

I do however, because of brain washing by our Government, still respond to Gunny. ;)

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

[This message has been edited by Schmit (edited January 22, 2000).]

Long Path

Hey, congrats Gunny! (You'll always be Gunny in my mind, and I never in my wildest imagination figured that you'd gone by David since you'd enlisted... :) )

I've learned some interesting stuff in your posts in that section; makes sense that you'd be an excelent moderator there, too.

Changed your name because of what you're used to being called, eh? Sure it's not that you've forgotten your password and couldn't remember it when you made the move to the new laptop? :D

Sheesh. First Kodiac, now you... maybe I'll have to just give up my own silly moniker...

Ah, heck; I'll leave it til about post 1k. :)

Regards,

L.P.

------------------
Will you, too, be one who stands in the gap?

Matt

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Well, I thought about changing my screen name also, but since my e-mail address is my name, I figure it's not necessary.

I don't think that Rich would let me change my name to what I'm used to being called. Not the most polite words in the language, you see. :D

Schmit, Long Path, all other FNG Mods: I'm not sure what we're in for, so I'll reserve my congratulations. Hopefully we can meet the standards set before us by our great Administrators, and keep in mind the time when we were just plain old Members, the heart and soul of TFL.

-Dave

------------------
RKBA!

"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4
Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

Schmit

Staff Alumnus
> You'll always be Gunny in my mind, and I never in my wildest imagination figured that you'd gone by David since you'd enlisted.<

I haven't gone by David since before I enlisted. Even in the Corps I was address as Rank Schmit.

> Sure it's not that you've forgotten your password and couldn't remember it <

My password is quite easy to remember. All I have to do is remember exactly who I look like (which btw is Tom Selleck :rolleyes: ), his bestest movie and one or two other things following the same tract and I have my password.

> but since my e-mail address is my name <

SEE... THAT was my problem but opposite. My e-mail address is Schmit@ and not Davidwhatever@.

Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

[This message has been edited by Schmit (edited January 22, 2000).]

mk86fcc

Gunny -

I've never met a Gunny that I'd call anything but Gunny, retired or not (Well, there was that one guy, but he was more an E-7 than a Gunny...) Even knew a retired Sergeant Major that responded quite well and amiably to "Gunny."

Best wishes in your new position,
"Chief"

------------------
"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36

John Hunter

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schmit:
I haven't gone by David since before I enlisted. Even in the Corps I was address as Rank Schmit.[/quote]

Fellow shooters I can attest to this, even his lovely wife Cindy calls him Schmit, .......... among other things <G> Congratulations Schmit!

------------------
John - NRA - Lifer