The Gun I’ve Been Waiting For

mk70ss

Always thought a high capacity, full size, light weight, and RELIABLE .22 Magnum pistol would be great. Now someone makes one. The Walther WMP. 16 round capacity, fiber optic sights, and all in a light weight, reliable pistol. Bought this one today.

Last edited:

44caliberkid

Since you just bought it today, who says it’s RELIABLE? All previous attempts at a 22 WMR have had problems, Stagpanther’s Rock Island version being the most recent I’ve seen panned. I watched a guy at the range struggle with Walther’s 22 LR pistol, couldn’t finish a magazine without multiple stoppages. Said he was taking it back to the store when he left.

mk70ss

Go online and look at the 20-30 reviews of it. Seems like Walther figured out the feeding of .22 mags.

wild cat mccane

So much mystery with this one!

PPQ texture,
PDP frame molding,
Q5 take down,
P99 slide release,
M1 and M2 mag releases,
Creed/PPX grip,
and totally new to all Walthers is a texture to thumb rest.

Let us know how it goes!

Schlitz 45

I bought a AMT Automag having read years of folks calling them jam-o-matic POS's. Mine was brand new never fired & I've kept it clean & just run the highest velocity 22mag ammo I can get & so far it's been working great. Very interesting how they engineered the chamber to help extract those long skinny casings but it works & I'm sure the Walther has a great fireball too. Sure looks better than a KelTek PMR30 but I do like this old stainless AMT & I don't care what anyone says about 'em.
ZqzuGzgl.jpg

mk70ss

I’ve had three auto mags. Two 4 inches and 1 6 inch version. The six inch ran pretty well when it was very clean. Bit it was heavy and only had 8 round capacity. Plus it a single action only proposition.

LeverGunFan

This is interesting... is it a typical rimfire blowback design with a fixed barrel? Should be a nice trail gun, the weight doesn't look too bad.

LeverGunFan

Good news on the function test! :) Apparently it operates on a good variety of ammunition. As I understand it, there is no safety or decocking lever. What do you think of that?

wild cat mccane

oops, that's more Creed/PPX than anything.

If it has a trigger dingus, it's drop safe. Stops reward movement of the trigger at a drop that moves the pin block.

Safe as any other gun in that set up.

mk70ss

Recoil is almost non existent. It is loud though. Really a soft shooting pistol. If your wife has very small hands, the grip may a little big for her as this is a full size gun.

Sevens

Well mk70ss, Walther maybe owes you a free magazine floor plate or at least a very kind e-mail.

Saw your thread here on Thursday afternoon and here it is Saturday and I have brought one home. My wife says it feels decent in her little hands.

For sure, this is the first time I have EVER purchased a firearm only two days after learning that it exists. :D This is 180 degrees opposite of my style. I usually brew up a WANT over months turning in to years.

Cosmodragoon

This is interesting. I love that they used the paddle release here. It's an innovation that I wish went mainstream. Now, if this was DA/SA, I'd be all over it.