The gun genie

shredder4286

Anyone had any experience with the Gallery of Guns- Gun Genie? i've seen some incredible deals on there, that just downright seem to be too good to be true. I'm just wondering if anybody's bought anything from them. thanks

shanzlik

I have bought from them on 4-5 occassions when I either got a better deal than locally or got something not available locally, and they always shipped quickly and there were no surprises.

A local FFL I hadn't used before is one of their partners, and he is now my favorite dealer and I've since bought from his stock as well as from Gun Genie.

I would recommend them without reservation based on my experience.

BlkHawk73

All it does is cut out the local dealer from ordering the gun for you. In many cases it's less expensive to order from a different distributor as Davidson's shipping is - or at least used to be - quite high. That's how they can pay for their "guarantee" which is their sales gimmick. Any reputable manufacturer would provide the same service.

I have priced through the gun genie several times but the associates in my area are VERY proud of the service they provide!!! If you run you mileage out to the max you are willing to drive you may find yourself saving a bundle

shanzlik

it does depend on the local FFLs as to how good a deal you get. I was told by mine that they get to specify profit levels to some degree. There used to be one who was always $50 or so higher than the others, but I noticed he's no longer participating. I've gotten pretty good deals, and it's a zero hassle/zero surprise process.

shredder4286

i figured i'd get some mixed reviews on them. thanks for the input- i'm gonna do my homework and call the FFL before i have the weapon shipped.

aarondhgraham

I have tried to use it a few times,,,

But every time I contact the store that is supposed to have the gun,,,
They tell me it isn't in stock and will cost more to order it.

Maybe I'm not doing something correctly,,,
I look up the gun I want and the Genie tells me where it is?

Even paying a $20.00 FFL fee at my local pawn shop,,,
I still find Buds Gun Shop dot com to be equal in price.

jmortimer

I like Gun Genie/Davidsons. I get about eight "offers" and save $$$ for sure. The store I normally use just goes on Davidsons to order my guns but I ususally can save $20 to $60 if I do it online. You pay your "deposit" and then go and pay off the balance and pick up you gun (ten days later here in California) when it arrives. I like it.

shredder4286

ok, so you gotta pay a deposit to secure the weapon, so they have something from you, if you end up backing out or whatever. that sounds like a real square deal. can't wait to order from them!