The greatest CCW revolver on Planet Earth!

DennisE

In my case the hands down winner is my k-frame 2.5" .357 Magnum Model 66. In an IWB Milt Sparks VersiMax2 holster there's nothing more comfortable, concealable, accurate, relaible and beautiful. At least that's my impartial opinion! Yours may differ of course....:) Dennis

Ben Shepherd

I see you are a fellow Utahn-but you are still wrong!! My SP101 in 357 mag easily whips a sissy-n-wussy!!:p :D .

Seroiusly though-Sounds like you have a nice rig.

If you are in the northern half of the state-shoot me a PM if you want to hook up for a range day.

savit260

+1 to the S&W exept mines a Model 19 2 1/2" I like 'em blue! So pretty.

Then agian a 3" GP 100 with the short underlug might be nice to keep the 19 company.

rxrick

I'll second that vote. Both the gun and the holster:

everydaycarry.jpg

Harley Quinn

I bought a Mdl 19 2 1/2 " Round butt

really a nice gun and good shooter I bought this thing of rare beauty in 1968 I believe.

I could shoot it better than my partners could shoot their 6" Smith duty weapon. Serioulsy good gun in the right hands. I shot the weapons course with 38 wadcutters and beat my partner, I will never forget it...LOL

I carried a 6" duty weapon as my first line of defense but my second was a Mdl 19. Good memories...:)

HQ

blume357

dito on the S&W model 19

I have a model 19 with 4" barrel and it is the finest revolver I own. I would love to find one with a shorter barrel for concealed carry, preferably in stainless steel. Is that the model 66? ...but so far no luck. My choice right now (next on the list) is the Ruger Sp 101. I've got a Ruger Security Six and it is a nice weapon but the trigger pull is nothing like my S&W 19. I expect the SP's trigger will be a lot like the Securities?

Nortonics

rxrick, that engraving is the ****z man! I'd sure love to see more of that gun with a description of the work done in a new thread!

I gotta' agree with the general sentiment though - the mini wheel-gun in a comfortable piece of leather is hard to beat!

Here's the 642 with an acquired but unknown maker of choice OWB leather. So light and comfortable - I can't even feel it while its on...

If I ever gotta' get it off the belt it simply and easily drops into the front pocket and disappears...

642_with_leather.jpg

18DAI

As someone who carried a Model 19-4 4 inch for a bunch of years ,tried the M -13 4 inch ,I have to say IMHO my new to me ,Model 66-4 3 inch is the ultimate CCW revolver. Lighter than the 4 inch ,but just as accurate , don't have to worry as much about the finish in these miserably hot NC summers.YMMV Regards 18DAI.

MillCreek

Although my Model 60, SP-101s, short-barrel Security Six and other assorted snubbies may disagree, I vote for the S&W or Taurus Centennial or Bodyguard style revolvers. My Taurus 650 or titanium 651 are my most commonly-carried pocket guns these days.

Love those 2 1/2 66/19...funny thing, no matter how exotic the wood, I find the tyler t-grip and the stock grips the best looking...of course, those stag grips look awesome too....