The Glock 46...Is This The Glock 19 Killer?

Sequins

I thought the current design was perfection, how could that be true if a major change like a rotating barrel is necessary?

sigarms228

What is the point of the Glock 46? Is the design needed to pass some agency requirement? I will be long gone before a Glock 46 could prove to as reliable and durable as the Glock 19 if it ever happened. I still CCW my Gen 2 Glock 19.

adamBomb

There are so many versions of glock guns that were designed specifically for Police/military and not released to the public that I wouldn't assume this will be either until we hear it from Glock. I mean they have been releasing versions of their pistols with manual safeties for how many years now to leo/mil?

Glenn E. Meyer

Also, supposedly, you don't have to pull the trigger to take it apart.

That is a big change. Otherwise, we will see if it is a big deal. If a company can get a big contract by supplying what a customer wants - shouldn't they. They exist for profits and not forums.

jmr40

Not a different grip angle.

Why do people still worry about this. The Glock grip angle is closer to a 1911 A1 grip angle than any other gun made. And the shorter grip on the 19/23 family of Glocks brings it even closer than the full size models.

I'd have to see and handle the G46. It appears to have some design features that are different. But I'm not sure they are an improvement.

Glenn E. Meyer

The grip angle is the cliche thrown out in all Glock discussions when someone says: I hate Glocks, blah, blah.

I shoot a Glock and a 1911 all the time. Not a big deal. I can hit the target with either one.

vba

Glenn, I'm in full agreement with your post. I to am able to switch back and forth between Glock and my 1911's. I think people just parrot things they read on the internet, so they think it must be true.

Joe_Pike

Not a different grip angle.

Why do people still worry about this. The Glock grip angle is closer to a 1911 A1 grip angle than any other gun made.

jmr40, I believe he was responding to my original post that mistakenly said that Glock was changing the grip angle. I read the article wrong and he was correcting me.

armoredman

Glenn E. Meyer said:
I shoot a Glock and a 1911 all the time. Not a big deal. I can hit the target with either one.
I qualify Expert or Distinguished Expert with the Glock 19 every year - I can't stand the grip angle and ergonomics. Good, solid, reliable pistol, just really not for me. :)

Now, a point was made about many Glocks made specifically for LE or military, not release to general public - I'm intrigued, can you show a link to one? Just curious.

jimjc

Well, if the Glock 46 kills the 19, it will kill Glock, people won't buy the 46's rotating barrel and I'd bet on it.

tipoc

The Glock 46...Is This The Glock 19 Killer?

Probably not. Also, why is the Glock 19 in need of killing? Also, maybe I'll wait till I see one in a gunshow or store or get to shoot one before I form an opinion.

I just saw a Gen 4 and 5 the other week for the first time. Those are interesting and still a 19.

tipoc