The English are frightened of gun pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangefinder

Maybe they're still having flashbacks from a couple hundred years ago when they got their south end handed to 'em by a few "gun-tote'n no-nonsense" types... :D

Cry me a river and color it politically INCORRECT for a change--and add a healthy dose of reality while you're at it.

darrentxs

1700 complaints? I doubt it. It seems more likely that a handful of activists registering complaints are behind it. They must have nothing better to do.

Here's my suggestion for them.
Buy a rock polisher. Then they could spend their time on a more worthy cause; making rocks REAL shiney!

Darren007

My God...I can only imagine what the Brits thought if any of them happened to catch the recent "Rambo" movie. :eek:

HAHAHAHA...1 1/2 hours of pure guns, gore and non stop violence......of course Im American so I thought the movie rocked!!!!!;)

SamHouston

PBP, not only are those posters good for armed robbery but even better for self defense. When you're mugged leaving the local pub just whip out a picture of your favorite gun. The Bad Guy will beg for mercy.

macmuffy

"However, the ASA said the actor's expression was aggressive, and the posters could be seen to condone violence."

Don't even think of frowning at anyone. You will be charged with assult and battery.

Glen J

“In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say "Stop, or I'll say stop again."”
Robin Williams quotes (American actor)
Maybe there's a reason we won the war. :D

baker437

The PC activists control Britain. To think less than 100 years ago this country stood alone against the Nazis.

I would like to tell you that this is coming to U.S.

I have spent the last 7 years on several college campuses and I have seen very similar things happen. Some person, activist or victim group finds some thing offensive and demands it be removed and often times there needs to be some sensitivity workshop or condemning statement by the administration or student government.

Free speech is dieing a slow death on many campuses.

Garand Illusion

Before you start hammering on the british for lacking testes ... who is our best ally in our current wars? Who stayed with us in Iraq, even though it was distasteful, and actually FOUGHT in that war. If you look at casualties from Iraq, the brits continue to bleed, though at a slow rate, and they continue to help us.

Same in Afghanistan, etc. The Brits are one of the few countries left that, right or wrong, have the cajones to send their troops into harms way. And the Tommies are tough customers when it comes to a fight, or so I have heard.

There is a major disconnect between their military prowess and their civilian softness, I will admit, but don't discount them totally.

Britain was once the most powerful nation in the world, the little island that ruled the waves. They are still our best ally and a good friend to have in a dangerous world.

clem

british_ad.gif

Yes, sure and I guess we might be doing this again too!

rhgunguy

When was it that the English had thier testes cut off?

October 1781 for the left one. I belive the right one came off in 1812.

They are still kept in a secret American vault. The conspiracy will be at the heart of National Treasure 3:Royal Family Jewels.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.