The Dogs of War Gun

BigG

Just saw the widescreen DVD version and it's a great film.

What was the gun Christopher Walken had? It looked like a greasegun with a 18 shot 12 gauge cylinder. They called it a grenade launcher good to 400 meters in typical Hollywood fashion.

Is there such a gun? If so, where can I get one? How much? :D

About the movie: http://www.epinions.com/content_81300655748

Gomez

It's been awhile, but I seem to recall that it was an MM-1 40mm grenade launcher. It's a real gun. Hasn't been in production for quite a while. Of course, 40mm are "Destructive Devices" per ATF and individual rounds of 40mm are "Destructive Devices" so plan are winning the lottery before going to the range.:)

David Scott

Image1006.jpg

The MM-1 is a short-barreled MGL that comes in three calibers. The MM-1 has been in common use by special and mercenary units. Soldiers tend to like its firepower but dislike the weight and bulk. The MM-1 is equipped with a foregrip and stock, and is fed by a revolving cylinder

Jim V

IIRC, the DOW gun was a Manville 12 gauge tear gas gun. They were made in Pontiac, MI. The company also made a 5 shot hammerless revolver.

I've had a chance to fire one of the large guns, using 12 gauge "bird bomb's". At this point in time they tend to be a tad finicky in operation and it took some tweaking to get it to fire all the rounds. There were modifications that made during the production life that may or not have been well documented.

Skullboy

The rotary gun Christopher Walken used in the Dogs of War was built by Josef Dlask at Dlask Arms Corp. up here in British Columbia, Canada.Here is the link: www.dlask.com.

Has done numerous weapons for movies.

Skullboy

Last edited: