The Diamondback thread makes me think...

SaxonPig

We need another Colt thread. Post a couple of your favorite Colt DA wheelguns.

My oldest Colt. Someone swapped barrels along the way. Stocks are from the 1950s.

standard.jpg

I never owned a Colt snubby until about a year ago when I bagged this one at a local show. Finish is very rough, but it was priced accordingly.

standard.jpg

While looking for a DA 32-20 a while back I noticed a large number of them had the barrels bulged at the half way point. No idea why. Found this one and I bet it started as a 6" gun and someone bulged it because it was cut back to 3". A lot of fun for $159.

standard.jpg

My most recent DA Colt acquisition. A 5" Army Special from 1924 stamped for the St. Louis PD. No finish but works fine. Thinking about a reblue for this one.

standard.jpg

Bob Wright

I am presently without any Colt DA revolvers, having traded/sold them for my beloved Single Actions. Not that I haven't had the experience with them, though. Here is my first real handgun (ca. 1954) and my first custom revolver, a .455 Eley New Service converted to .45 Colt converted to .44 Special:

Over the years I was to go through several of these, the Officers Model Match, in both .22 and .38 caliber:

Cute, a little Diamondback .22:

Nice but overated .357 Magnum Python:

Enjoyed 'em all while I had them, but went on to better things.

Bob Wright