The current collection.

Cyanide971

A few new faces, and a few old ones gone...

Finally able to get around to snapping a new pic of the current collection. Not shown is the older CZ P-07 Duty (on truck duty lol), and Smith and Wesson M&P Shield (@ shop for sight job).

About the only others of interest to me and to perhaps add later on are a Beretta PX4 Type D and CZ SP-01 Phantom.

Enjoy!
fa7456d38e0b8710e620f5181a56556b.jpg

Last edited:

Morgo

Nice collection, how do you like the Steyr?
I just put a deposit on a Steyr L9-A1, never handled one before though.

Cyanide971

Thanks again gang!

Hmmmmm, my favorite is the CZ P-01 (especially now since I replaced the stock rubber grips with some thin G10 Diamonds) with the P-07 right on its heels. But, my "new" CZ 100 is really capturing my heart, and I have been carrying it ever since I was finally able to take delivery of it last week and, after getting it to the range.

Excellent ergonomics, extremely lightweight, and in my opinion, the trigger is nowhere near as bad as the web made it out to be it, with the exception of the excess over travel.

Oh, no HK's because I just can't bring myself to pay that much money for a carry pistol, when others do the same job just as well but for a lot less. But please, don't take that as I don't like them....

[emoji6]

Walt Sherrill

Excellent ergonomics, extremely lightweight, and in my opinion, the trigger is nowhere near as bad as the web made it out to be it, with the exception of the excess over travel.

Sounds like you got a gun somebody had done some work on...

That overtravel can probably be fixed with a hard pencil eraser, super glue, and a black magic marker.

Glue it to the inside of the trigger guard to catch the rear of the trigger as it comes back. Start trimming it with a razor blade until it does what it needs to do. When you get it right, color it with a black magic marker and it'll look almost like a factory feature. (Cut a spare about the same length, and color it with the magic marker it before you glue it in place, later.)

Cyanide971

Sounds like you got a gun somebody had done some work on...

That overtravel can probably be fixed with a hard pencil eraser, super glue, and a black magic marker.

Glue it to the inside of the trigger guard to catch the rear of the trigger as it comes back. Start trimming it with a razor blade until it does what it needs to do. When you get it right, color it with a black magic marker and it'll look almost like a factory feature. (Cut a spare about the same length, and color it with the magic marker it before you glue it in place, later.)
[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Thanks Walt! Been thinking of doing that or, having my local gunsmith drill the trigger and place an overtravel screw in. Decisions, decisions....

AustinTX

Very nice! I'm going to have to grab a Steyr one of these days. Maybe in .357 Sig, since I don't own anything in that caliber yet.

Cyanide971

I present to you my new addition to the family that is taking the place of the recently acquired, then sold off Beretta 8000D Cougar; a used, good condition police trade-in 9mm Beretta PX4 Type D. Got it for cheap w/3-17 rd mags and night sights, though no idea how much life the tritium has remaining.

be4691bda57dbf6c78c5443ebd19a3c8.jpg

I'll take better pics than the vendor-provided one above once and will post up a range report once I get home.

AustinTX

Very nice! The PX4 is the most underappreciated polymer pistol on the market, in my opinion. Great guns.

That Cougar sure didn't hang around long, though! :eek: Did it not fit you well?

Cyanide971

It was fine many moons ago, but after years of carrying pistols much slimmer and lighter I knew almost immediately it wasn't going to be a good fit, especially since I am an IWBaholic! Needless to say I had an almost immediate offer for it that I couldn't refuse.

lifesizepotato

I like (love?) that the Type D and C PX4s don't have the stupid safety giant levers on the slide. However, I have to say that I'd miss the SA trigger...it's pretty sweet for a plastic 9mm.

I finally got one recently and I'm a believer now, especially for the price.

Cyanide971

I think I may be in a good holding pattern now lol...

Hope everybody is doing well I am finally back home after almost 10 weeks on the road and have picked up my newest acquisitions, and ready to get to the range to put them through their individual paces!

Some of you may notice a few pistols that are no longer present in addition to the new "kids". Right now I don't see me getting any new additions anytime soon (with the possible exception of an old DAO S&W 6946). Anyway, here they are... [emoji6]

The updated collection:

854916b8bc01e647259fabdb13c890ed.jpg

My happy DAO family!

6d360f58c9d737c8e9f0c0ee25b9a0ee.jpg

Y'all have a great day and be safe wherever you may be!

Cyanide971

After a very short-lived affair with several HK LEM's (they're all gone), here's the newest addition to my family, a police trade-in 9mm Sig P229 DAK (and this one ain't going anywhere!):

154469d88df7bbd7a64ba59e8095f465.jpg

Upon initial delivery:

dde6dd9462d0c38827ec5f5d5653fe23.jpg

After swapping on some Hogue Extreme G10 Diamond grips:

b2d6a65408e22ed221aa5dfb8aed5490.jpg

Next up in the near future will be a Sig P250 Compact and Subcompact, another CZ P-07 Duty (Ext. barrel & N.S. model), and and another CZ 100 (fixed sight model). More later!

Cyanide971

My collection is getting smaller...

Have done quite a bit of selling off and this is all I currently have left.

d4b77a8b193cc52057a839dbbc10cf29.jpg

And after about 3 months of not being able to get to the range, I was finally able to go for a very brief visit with the new CZ 100 (fixed rear sight model), Sig P250C (w/Compact Small grip/frame), and Gen 4 Glock 19.

I NEED WORK! All shots fired @ 7 yards.

First up is was the CZ 100. I actually don't think I did too terribly bad with it, with the exception of the doggone flyers I kept having. I am definitely going to have to do lots of dry and live firing to break this one's trigger in like how my other one is.

ace4b3d4bcdd130e339565de389b50b9.jpg

Next was the Sig, which undoubtedly has the lightest and smoothest stock DAO trigger around. Though it sits noticeably higher in hand and, (to me) with an almost-vertical angled grip, I really, really like this pistol, and already have ideas of acquiring a P320C down the road.

9bbb6f4840dce46dd928e8da02c9c5e3.jpg

Finally, and with the most rounds, the Glock. I have got to figure out what I am doing different/wrong with Glock, as all the fundamentals were accounted for: proper grip, proper body alignment, sight alignment, sight picture, breath control, trigger finger placement, trigger squeeze, follow through.

Yet all that and this is what I did:

19d5a743ea2243a23c72b3ccdb193a4c.jpg

I will just have to make up for my lack of range attendance next time I come home from work in August!

Cyanide971

Really hate when I forget about placing a bid on Gunbroker. Just received notification that I won this new P320C w/2-15 rd mags and N.S. for $505 shipped!

bb448ec74891ab70ccec46aefe20b124.jpg

[emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]