The Best Handgun Ever Made!

I know what you're thinking. You probably think YOU have the best handgun ever. Well I'm here to tell you, you're wrong!

The best handgun ever would be a revolver. Because we all know they are best.

The best revolver would be about 19oz. Less than most steel guns, but enough that you wouldn't flinch horribly shooting it.

The best revolver would have the best barrel length. And we all know that's 2.5 inches. 2 just feels too short and 3 just feels a little too long.

The best revolver would be hammerless because hammers snag.

The best revolver would be mid size. J frames don't provide enough firepower and N frames are hard to stuff in your pants.

The best revolver would have 7 shots because that gives up little to single stack bottom feeders.

The best revolver would be chambered in the best caliber, which is 38 Special for obvious reasons.

The best revolver would be a Smith and Wesson 242! Mine should be in hand tomorrow.

USSR

Ha! Everybody knows the P&R Model 19 with a 2.5" barrel is The Best Handgun Ever Made.

Don
attachment.php

rclark

I thought the best revolvers were chambered in a real cartridge starting with .4_ :) .

Good luck with your revolver. I am sure it will work for you ... but I wouldn't know how to operate it if I can't thumb the hammer :)

TXAZ

Glad you like it.
(But ... Sales data for the last 20+ years appears to tell a different story.)

Drm50

Up until a few months ago, before I started selling out I had 56 S&Ws and 1 Colt DA revolver. I don’t remember the last time I shot DA. I did with K22 couple times when I was a kid. I had a M38 S&W with fins guarding hammer, and I would have to say it the lightest 38 I’ve come across. Real guns are blue steel with hammers but there are advantages to the stainless and nickel plated ones. If you were to lose your job, they are a big plus if you are applying for the job of piano player in a bordello.LOL

Bob Wright

The best? At what?

Those sights wouldn't do for 100 yard shots, nor a drastic shift in ammunition.

And a .38 Special for elk, moose, or grizzly? Hardly think so.

I do agree, though, that loaded with blanks it would make a dandy starter's pistol.

Bob Wright