the best day of the summer

today has been the best day of the summer. I took 2 of my granddaughter to the range. They shoot everything I own(well almost) we started with 22 rifles, a Henery Golden Boy then a S&W AR15-22 on to the browning 22 semi auto pistol, the my SA XD 9 then the S&W model 60 and 686 both 38 and 357. My single action 45 colt and last the 1911 45 acp. I enjoyed the time and the teaching. They said they like spendin g time with grandpa and learning to shoot. each girl was given the choice of what to shoot. I started with the lighter calibers. Shooting one jusy lead to the next gun. They both took to the range and gun safety rule quickly. they are 13 and 14. I think I have a new shooying generation. I can not think of a better way to spend and afternoon with my grand kids. tomorrw I take the to 10 year olds we will just take the 22s.

KyJim

It does sound like an absolutely perfect day. Some of the best times I can remember is sitting on the back porch of my grandparent's house and learning to shoot with a .22 air rifle.

LarryFlew

My now 17 year old (yesterday) granddaughter is my favorite shooting partner. We have been shooting together since she was 12. She is especially found of one of my 75B's but shoots everything I own.