The best darn pig bait poll ever!!

Whats the most productive pig bait you have used?

• Strait corn

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • corn and diesel

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Strait soured corn

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • soured corn with secret ingredients

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • comercial products

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • molasses

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • motor oil

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • other pigs

• waste from domestic pigs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Koolaid and/or jello

• garbage

• other, (expain)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rickyrick

Well, it has been asked, so let's hear it. Feel free to explain your answers.

I think corn is gonna win.

Last edited:

BIG P

we had real good luck with catching sows in heat & using them for bait the boars dont run off as fast when the shooting starts.Details are alittle graphic.

Saltydog235

I haven't tried it yet but some boys I know are swearing by it.

Take post hole diggers and run a hole as deep as you can. Pour soured corn mixed in with beer and grape kool-aid. (The following I'll leave up to you to decide on how to get) Layer used tampons over the top of the corn and cover with dirt. It is a sworn by method by those guys who are brave enough to ask for the special ingredient. Personally one divorce is enough for me.

I'm giong to try it but substituting old shrimp peels and menhaden oil for the tampons.

I've used corn soured in old cooking oil too.

publius

I voted corn and diesel. I do not put the diesel in the corn though. I pile up the corn and pour diesel on the nearest (dead) tree or fallen log.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Post hole filled with straight sour corn covered with dirt and drizzled with straight sour corn juice results in a fine crater too so I will save the beer for me and leave the "special ingredient" where it belongs...

Brent

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
I refuse to feed my food diesel fuel...

I won't eat fish contaminated with crude nor pork tainted with diesel fuel...

Brent

rickyrick

The corn juice is the best part, I think. I sling it around just like you say.

As for the special ingredient, let's say...I stay away from stuff with funny looking fuses...

*Diesel*

I use lead and various alloys. But you must use sparingly it is, apparently, toxic. I've dialed it back to 110 grains but this still seems fatal. Oh well, they don't seem dead too long so I takes em home anyway.