The Beretta CX4 Storm ...

Petre

Anyone ever tried one of these ?

I was hoping to get a carbine in a caliber that I already have plenty of and Beretta makes this CX4 in 45acp.

Is this a good carbine ?

I was a bit disappointed in it's 8 round magazine :rolleyes: Can larger magazines be gotten or is this a no no due to the Beretta's origins ?

Thanks.

xjasilx

I own a CX4 in 9mm, and the only complaint that I have is that it can be a little bit picky about certain types of ammo. It feeds hollowpoints and the like very well and reliably, but lighter loads sometimes do not cause the action to cycle fully, leading to jams or the action lock not engaging on the last round. I generally refuse to feed mine CCI Blazer or Rem. UMC - those appear to be the biggest culprits. I will now only fire 124 grain bullets through mine, and have had no problem with WWB, American Eagle TMC, Magtech, etc. I am awaiting some Milsurp 124g ball, which I feel should perform pretty well in it. All the premo ammo I have ever fired through it has been flawless. It's also a snap to clean, but gets dirty faster than all my other guns for some reason.

I don't know if this recoil problem will be a factor in a caliber as potent at the .45 ACP, but thought this info might be of help.

Fun little carbine - I can never seem to put it down once I get it to the range.

Enjoy, and happy shooting.
Jasil