The Antler Tree...

Rembrandt

After nearly 40 years of hunting you tend to accumulate antlers. Having filled a couple of trophy rooms I could never quite figure how to display the racks that didn't get mounted.....here's something I've had in the back of my mind for some time.

Cut a 8' length of tree and mounted it to a drum dolly, then filled the base with concrete for ballast and stability. Casters make it easy to roll around for cleaning. Plan to paint and add plant foliage to the base.

Maybe I'll add a few lights for Christmas decorations.....(heehee)

farmtrophyroom004.jpg

farmtrophyroom006.jpg

farmtrophyroom001.jpg

farmpics3006.jpg

farmpics3014.jpg

Vt.birdhunter

Nice racks!! That big boy over the TV is a BRUTE!

You either have the coolest wife ever or are a confirmed bachelor.;)
One over the fireplace is all Im allowed.....and that took so doing.:p

shortwave

Very good idea Rembrandt.

As you, I've got a barn full of racks I've accumulated over the years. Just laying out there collecting dust

You'll never run out of room for someone to hand their hat.;)

Thanks for sharing.

Rembrandt

Vt.birdhunter said:
You either have the coolest wife ever or are a confirmed bachelor

Wife wasn't all that thrilled at first, but when the kids started hunting and bringing home game....she put her biases aside. It helps having two homes to store it all, sort of like his-and-hers.

Gbro

Nice but it has to be a tad top heavy with all those bones! :D
I struggled with the same problem, although not to the extent of your collection and have my own solution. All my daughters and a couple grandsons have my racks in these changeable displays that I have made.

deerhead31.jpg

shortwave

...but its the antelope I keep coming back to look over

Not me, Its the tusks on the wall mount in the third pic down that's on the right hand wall. Looks like a mount of my x mother-n-law. :D