"The ammo bubble has burst": "THR" topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been evidence for weeks. It might not have burst like a bottle hit by hickok45:), but it is deflating.

At THR under "General Discussions" you can read about personal observations and decide.

Newton24b

no the bubble has not burst. if the bubble would burst i would be able to get handgun ammunition at the store.

despite what sierra has said on its website, their is a lot of hinkyness going on with the ammunition companies. if its true that they have never stopped producing ammunition, then where is it?

the shortage for 22lr has lasted 4 months, 4 months at a typical 28 days each to be reasonalbe. now federal once claimed it could make 10 million rounds of 22lr a day. now lets calculate , 10 million time 112 days equal roughly 11.2 billion rounds somewhere in the country. now i dont believe they have the storage space for that, and i dont know many retailers that do.

ligonierbill

Stopped in Cabela's (Columbus, OH) yesterday not hoping for much. Shelves were full of ammo (big change from last month!). Primers were gone, powder was limited (scored some H380), but lots of bullets (got some .224 Sierras). I bought a case of 12 ga target, at a decent though not bargain price. Talking to a guy there, and I know this is purely anecdotal, that knows several people that buy out every shipment at some places to resell on-line. Some not even shooters. I hope we are not buying from these folks.

new_camper

I have noticed a decline in ammo flippers on armslist locally. And one of the ads even said selling because I have way too much .22lr. I hope that is a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.