The 410 revolvers

defjon

Have there been any documented self defense applications of the governor or the judge etc.? Since the advent of the tailor made self defense loads and some testing I did at under 21 feet with a judge a few years back I am curious about real world data.

No trolling, I get the criticisms. I don't own any example at preesent.

bigleverman

A woman in my hometown shot her boyfriend 5 times using shotshells from a Judge. She then pistol-whipped him after she was empty. Im not sure of the distance but he was not seriously injured. The buckshot type rounds are probably a better option

Cheapshooter

A woman in my hometown shot her boyfriend 5 times using shotshells from a Judge. She then pistol-whipped him after she was empty. Im not sure of the distance but he was not seriously injured. The buckshot type rounds are probably a better option
Of course you have the newspaper account to substantiate the story. Or even the town so someone could look it up if they wanted to.:eek:

I doubt that there are many forensic results released for specific guns. You might find something by digging through every coroner's report that is released. Not sure if it isn't a fatal shooting the forensic findings, or doctors reports are made public.
Are there any "documented self defense applications" on Speer Gold Dot whatever caliber, Hornady Critical Defense, Winchester PDX1, or any other spacific round. Possibly some mentioning caliber, but doubtful detailed information on the bullet type, or weight.

Last edited:

Model12Win

I wouldn't be so surprised if she was using birdshot rounds.

Not good for .410 bore handguns. Now the buck n' slug rounds... those might be more effective but I've yet to hear of any terminal ballistics on those rounds from real shootings.

spanishjames

Without proof, or at least a link to the story, this sounds like make-believe.

Buzzcook

Of course you have the newspaper account to substrate the story. Or even the town so someone could look it up if they wanted to.

"Substrate"? Not sure that's an appropriate use of the word.

Cheapshooter

I do not know the exact loads she used or what the distance wa
Nor does this article mention make, or caliber of the gun.
Woman sentenced in shooting at Williamsport church parking lot

The Associated Press By The Associated Press
on January 21, 2014 at 7:19 AM

WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) — A woman has been sentenced to 10 to 20 years in prison in a shooting that wounded her ex-boyfriend in the parking lot of a central Pennsylvania church last summer.

The (Williamsport) Sun-Gazette reports that 23-year-old Christina Emerick of Williamsport pleaded guilty Friday in Lycoming County Court to attempted homicide, aggravated assault, possessing instruments of crime and reckless endangering.

Police said she shot 28-year-old Christopher Downs in the St. John's Newberry United Methodist Church lot on July 29, two days after their five-year relationship ended.

Authorities said she fired as various people were crossing the parking lot and entering the church, and after running out of ammunition she began beating the victim on the back of the head with the weapon, saying she was going to kill him.i

Just saying, when you make claims about a specific gun, specific details are helpful.

Real Gun

Reported, real world incidents of stopping a threat with a hand gun are few enough, counting all guns and calibers. The odds of involving a Judge don't seem very high to me.