That plan didn't work, any backup ideas?

Parke1

Ok, let's see here. I decided that I really want a belly-band type rig that I can wear in the standard shoulder-holster position (right hand draw for my 1911). I immediately thought of the rigs that Terridarri and Gunslinger were selling. I e-mailed them, but very unfortunately they are no longer producing these items.

Their rig was 5 inches wide, was very widely adjustable via velcro (so the same rig could be worn in an IWB position or a shoulder holster type location), and one band could hold anything from a Desert Eagle down to a Seecamp, and it didn't need any type of strap to retain the pistol.

All of that being said, does anyone know where I can purchase something like this that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Do you have one? How comfortable is it?

Thanks a lot!
-Parke1

Zundfolge

Is this what you where looking for?

234.jpg

http://www.action-direct.com/234.htm

Parke1

And with mere seconds on the clock, Zundfolge intercepts the ball and runs it back 89 yards for the game winning TOUCHDOWN!

Thank you, that's EXACTLY what I wanted!

-Parke1

Parke1

Uh-oh, there may have been a flag thrown...

I just checked the "What size guns can this carry" section, and it doesn't seem to be big enough to carry a 1911. It's mainly for "small to medium guns."

Has anyone carried a 1911 in this setup? If it really won't work, any other ideas?

Thanks again!
-Parke1

Parke1

Here's a question. I was looking at that deep concealment rig from Action-Direct, and I noticed it said that it would hold a Colt Officer's ACP model. Isn't that nothing but a full size 1911 with a 4" barrel? If so, am I correct in thinking that this rig would hold my 1911 since this rig is of the open muzzle design?

Thanks!
-Parke1

Drizzt

I have a belly-band from Action-Direct, but my .45 is not a full-size. It appears to me that it would still suffice, though. It's too bad that Terridari and Gunslinger don't have that bellyband any longer. I have one of those as well, and it has become a preferred mode of carry. You might also browse through this page . It's one of the best bets I know of for finding holsters for the 1911.

Kentucky Rifle

The Action-Direct "Deep Cover" looked so good to me...

..that I ordered one today. It should be here by the weekend. It'll either be great-or go to the holster graveyard. :)

KR

Zundfolge

I carry my Steyr M40 in an Action Direct belly band. Its the same size as a Glock 23 or 19 so it's not exactly a large handgun, but I'm sure I could fit a full size 1911 in one.

C.R.Sam

Tho I have not worn one myself, I have heard naught but good re Terri n 'Slinger's rig. Sad that it is no longer on the market.

Any size, anywhere.

Sam

provalov

Found a source for you

Park:

I think I use the type of holster you are looking for. It's a type of breathable belly band, about 5-6" wide, with large patch of velcro for a fastener. Worn between your t-shirt and outer shirt, it holds any size pistol, and has a separate pocket for a spare mag or flashlight. I wear one daily with a full-size semi-auto (Springfield XD). I simply can't find another holster that allows me to carry no matter what I'm wearing.

It is called the "Off Duty Shoulder Holster" by Be Secure, LLC. I bought mine at a gun show from Charles Beck with C&K Holsters, Charleson, SC 843-795-9518. SRP for single holster: $30, double: $40. I have both, but don't like the double as much -- the second holster keeps the elastic from hugging my chest as securely when I run or take the stairs.

I've tried the Kramer Deep Cover shirt, but it allows the gun to flap around, and the velcro straps that hold the gun in scratch my arms.

Parke1

I've been thinking about the Action-Direct Defender belly band, but...

Gunslinger's rig allowed the gun to be carried up in the shoulder holster position (under the off-side arm, around the chest). Would that be an option with the AD band?

Thanks!
-Parke1

Kentucky Rifle

HOT DOG! I'm excited!

If the "Action-Direct" thing works as good as it looks, I'll order a few more. I called and asked if it can be washed and they told me "yes, hand wash only". That's OK with me. I also asked if it's comfortable enough to be worn without a T-shirt. Again, "No Problem. In fact, it has a soft against the skin interior part". We'll see. Kentucky has HOT, STICKY summers. Having to wear a T-shirt under a regular shirt is a killer. We've got really strange weather in Kentucky. This morning, when I got up, it ws SO cold that I had to put on a flanel shirt. Now, it's SO hot, I don't have a shirt on at all!
Sheesh,
KR