Thankyou Springfield Armory

John Forsyth

My IDPA club, Middle Tennessee Shooters, has been working hard putting everything together for the 2001 IDPA Southern Regional. We wanted to put a gun on the prise table. We have gotten no help at all from either Kimber or Glock, surprising since both have a very strong presence at the matches. While following the thread on the SA Contingency Program over at the 1911Forum, I called SA to see if they could help us out.

Let me say right now, Jodi at SA has done more for us in a few short weeks than I could imagine. SA is a major player in supporting IDPA. They will be our major sponsor for the Southern Regional and the 2001 IDPA Tennessee State Championship this fall. There will be a brand new SA 1911 in .45 ACP given away at the end of the Southern Regional and the State Match as well.

They took some heat from a few individuals for their Contingency Program which I do not think was deserved. I would just like to say THANK YOU Springfield and THANK YOU Jodi.

If anybody is interested, link to match info.

http://www.midtnshooters.com/

And thanks to a couple of others, if they hadn't whined so much, I probably would not have contacted Springfield.

To the moderators: I posted this in the Semiauto Forum because I thought it would get more attention here than in the Competition Forum. If you want to move it there, I will not have a problem with it.

[Edited by John Forsyth on 05-18-2001 at 04:59 PM]

Ledbetter

Most handgun buyers

here at TFL want to know which manufacturers support the shooting sports and RKBA. I'm proud to own two of their fine firearms.

Regards,

Ledbetter

Matt VDW

I'd like to add that Springfield is a also a major sponsor of the National Matches at Camp Perry. They also have free popcorn at their building on Commercial Row. :)

Thanks, Springfield!

RWK

Own two Springfield 1911A1s (stainless Loaded and blue TRP). Both have exceeded every expectations and their customer service is simply the best I've experienced. I recommend Springfield with zero reservations.

E. BeauBeaux

Have talked to them several times for different things. Debi at Springfield is fantastic also being transfered back to the smith's [can't remember his name] was very helpful. Fine folks the one's I've talked too.

Correia

I sent a Springfield back to the factory once to get some warranty work done on it. On the phone they were helpful and friendly. And when they found out that I needed the gun back soon for a big shoot, they bumped it up, worked on it that day, and second day aired it back to me.

I plan on purchasing many more Springfield products in the future.

Hmm... I wonder if they need an accountant. :)

buzz_knox

I may have to buy that MilSpec .38 Super I was looking at, just to support SA. Yeah, that's it. It's not another gun, it's an act of appreciation. :)