Thanks Scattergun Bob

xm21

Yesterday I got the 870 Express upgrades in the mail,along with Jerry Kuhnhausens manual,and installed them tonight.Thanks for letting us Express owners know about the upgrades.The only part I did not order was the sear spring,after researching it I felt that the only reason it was stronger was to increase the trigger pull to prevent a/d's under stress in a l/e situation.Was that a correct guess,or is there another reason for your recommendation to install the heavier sear spring?Thanks.

Juhosaphat

What upgrades do you speak of? I may end up holding on to my current 870 and wouldn't mind putting some money into it for the right cause :p

xm21

Replacing the parts that were lesser quality than the ones on the Wingmaster and police models.Extractor,magazine spring,stupid j lock safety,and possibly the sear and carrier springs.Do a search for the part numbers.

xm21

This is a hunting gun,the size of the safety button was never an issue.I did not like the fact that you can wiggle the rascal a certain way and lock up the gun.

Scattergun Bob

xm21

Glad I could be of some help. You are absolutely correct, the HD sear is an answer to a liability issue and is of no real use in sporting guns, I change to the HD sear only because it is what my trigger finger is use to feeling.

As if I don't have enough 870's, I just brought home a Special Field 870, very cute, "it told me it liked quail hunting". Don't know if I could get use to a European straight stock, we will have to embarrass ourself at the range in the morning.

Good Luck & Be Safe

xm21

Thanks for the reply SB.I hope the new SF 870 works out for you,I like the way a straight grip looks but have never shot one.

Juhosaphat

Hey Bob, you should've bought mine for 200$ and put whatever stock/barrel you wanted on it :p Or if you really like a challenge, leave the 18" HD barrel on there and take that out birding ;) lol