• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Thanks Mods for your help

hoghunting

Thank you to the Mods that helped with my account. While changing the email address in my profile, I was locked out and could only view the threads, couldn't post or PM. I contacted one of the Mods on THR who forwarded the problem here. Problem has been cleared and my account is back to normal. Thank you for the great work you do on this forum.

Doyle

To the moderators - this problems sounds like it is the kind of thing that may recure. That calls for a better solution than trying to contact a moderator via another forum. Perhaps there needs to be a way that an individual can IM a moderator even if not logged into the forum - sort of a "guest IM".

Evan Thomas

There is a way for people to contact us with such problems. If you scroll down to the bottom of this (or any) page, you'll see a "Contact Us" link, which lets anyone email the webmaster; we pay attention, and it works. :)

tyme

Administrator
hoghunting:

Not that this is particularly relevant now, but I suspect the email change confirms got lost in your spam folder. Are you sure they never got to you, because it appears the emails were accepted by your email provider.

hoghunting

but I suspect the email change confirms got lost in your spam folder. Are you sure they never got to you, because it appears the emails were accepted by your email provider

I received the emails - there wasn't a problem with that - it seemed as I was locked out of the forum as every time I clicked onto anything in the email or forum I saw this message:

hoghunting, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons...

Thanks to whomever cleared up my account as I enjoy this forum.

There is a way for people to contact us with such problems. If you scroll down to the bottom of this (or any) page, you'll see a "Contact Us" link, which lets anyone email the webmaster; we pay attention, and it works

Never checked there, but now I know, thank you.

tyme

Administrator
I received the emails - there wasn't a problem with that - it seemed as I was locked out of the forum as every time I clicked onto anything in the email or forum I saw this message:

hoghunting, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons...

That's odd. I'd love to get to the bottom of it but I don't know how to reproduce the problem.

Mal H

Staff
I don't think there was a technical problem, tyme. It appears hoghunting changed his email address which puts a member in limbo (can view but can't post) until they verify the new address by clicking on a link in an email sent to their new address. He apparently didn't click on that link, and so he stayed locked out of posting. He contacted Art who edited his account moving him back to the "Registered" group on the 19th around 3:30 PM EDT.

(Oh, and I know you know how it all works, this is more for the curious reading this.)

hoghunting

He apparently didn't click on that link, and so he stayed locked out of posting

I did click the link Mal, and that's when I saw the message that I didn't have permission to access the page. I didn't have any trouble changing my email address at THR, only when I tried it here.

I wish I could tell you what went wrong, I changed my email address, received the verification email, clicked the link and received the message:

then, thankfully, one of the Mods corrected the problem. All I know is I had a problem, you guys fixed it and got me back on board. Thank you.

Mal H

Staff
By any chance do you still have the email? I would like to take a look at the links in it. If there is a problem with the activation function we need to fix it.

hoghunting

I deleted the email, but checked my Trash folder and Yahoo has already deleted them from the folder. Seems Yahoo only lets email stay 2 or 3 days in the Trash folder before clearing them out. Sorry, Mal, wish I could be more help.

Mal H

Staff
Well, actually you still can help us debug it. I can have another activation email sent to you, and you can see if the first link in it works now.