TFO sights

divemedic

I am thinking of putting TFO (tritium fiber optic) sights on my Kimber Eclipse Custom. Does anyone have an experience with them?

s7_227376_999_01

Pappy John

I liked them enough, after trying one set, that I have them on three of my pistols now.

Good sight picture in just about every light (or lack of light) condition.

I haven't had any issues, but I remember reading a post just last week where someone wiped a set out by getting a strong cleaner on the fiber optic.

rduckwor

I have the Trij equivalent front sight on my SIG 226. Good sight, versatile in that the FO helps in medium - bright light and the tritium takes over in low light.

Go for it.

RMD

Japle

I’m a big fan of Tritium Fiber Optic sights on defense and competition handguns. TFOs aren’t available for everything, so I use FOs when I have to.

My daily carry Glock 19 / TFO:
G19.jpg

Two-tone TFOs on my XD .45. I prefer the all-green type, but these are OK, too.
XD45.jpg

FO front and target rear on my CZ75B SA:
CZ75.jpg

The TFOs look just as good in the dark.

orionengnr

I just put a set on my Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry. I really like the sights, but (after buying them) I have read of a few people who have had problems. These seem to fall into two categories:

--Chemical damage to the fiber optic. Not sure if this is carb cleaner (which is well known to damage plastics) or if damage is being caused by the more common Hoppes/CLP/etc. I would imagine that if I don't blast the sights/slide directly with chemicals, but hit a rag with the chemical and then wipe down the slide, I think I'll be fine.

--Recoil damage. I've read that normal cycling of the slide has worked some of the TFO inserts loose, to the point where they have flown off. Not common, but I won't be happy if it happens to mine.

In the mean time, I will continue to enjoy mine, and I will continue to read up on these as well as other options. As it stands, I am really happy with the choice I made and hope that they hold up. If that happens, I will buy more and install them on my other carry guns.

Pappy John

RE: recoil damage...

I have had them on two Glock 10mms for a year now, both the G20 and G29. They both get plenty of range time with real ammo.:cool:

No problems yet.