Texas CHL - Change of Address Question here...

Rich Miranda

I am a Texas resident and I have applied for my CHL. I have received confirmation that they received my application, but it is still being processed.

Meanwhile, I moved to a new place (within Texas). Do I have to report to them that I moved? If so, how do I do it? I looked on their website but the only change of address info is for current CHL holders, not applicants.

I do have mail forwarding set up with the USPS, but I'm not sure if the actual CHL will get forwarded. They may require that the CHL only be delivered to the original address...

Thoughts?

wildturkey76209

Wait until you get your license. Then you must notify DPS that you have moved. They will then issue you a new license with your new address on it. Would have been better to wait to apply at your new location...

mushoot

I did it on line after my recent move. I printed out a receipt that says I submitted the info. It cost 25 bucks, I think. It took a long time to get the new CHL. I carried the old one with the paper. John PS you will need your pin number

Rich Miranda

Wait until you get your license. Then you must notify DPS that you have moved. They will then issue you a new license with your new address on it. Would have been better to wait to apply at your new location...

Thanks for the info.

We weren't exactly sure when, where, or even if we were going to move, so I just went ahead and jumped in that apparently very long Texas CHL line ASAP.

My big concern was that the CHL would not get forwarded to my new address (since some agencies request that their mail not be forwarded). Thankfully, it did arrive last week, so I'll go ahead and change the address now.