Texas Ammunition Company

RWK

While I believe the preeminent ammunition manufacturers (Federal, Speer, Remington, Winchester, and so forth) make top-quality, outstanding-design products, I have found that some smaller producers (Georgia Arms, Black Hills, etc.) also offer excellent specialty loads.

Has anyone had experience with the Texas Ammunition Company? Their 200-grain 10mm round appears excellent, but I would like to validate their high quality.

Sturm

RWK, they are supposedly about 65 miles from me in Ballinger, TX. Maybe they moved who knows. I say supposedly because I drove down there a couple of years ago to look them up and no one in this town of about 5000 folks, knew anything about them or where they might be located. Finally got directed to an attorneys office that was supposed to be connected to ownership and of course, he was not in his office. I guess they still advertise, but if you call them, you may or may not get an answer. ;)

Zekewolf

They're the guys who took .45 Super away from Triton. The company is owned by an attorney. Don't know if they're still producing ammo or not.

Sturm

Checked, and their website is still up and runnin'. New phone number also, maybe they answer it! ;)

20cows

I live less than 20 miles from there and had never heard of them either. The phone number listed is a Ballinger number and when I called, I got an answering machine. I guess I need to check them out.

20cows

It's been two days since I e-mailed them and have not heard back. I just left a phone message. Maybe I'll get a response.

20cows

I got a return phone call from them day before yesterday. They're for real and sounds like they will be good to work with.