Terri got excited today.........

Gunslinger

For the last few weeks I have been dreaming of a new H&K USP 9mm. But due to finances had settled for a pristine used Smith 5904. I had basically given up all hope of adopting a new H&K into the Gunslinger family. But today after a seemingly innocent trip into town to the grocery store Terri came home beeming.
"Guess what I just looked at"? she says as soon as she walks in the door.
Knowing that look I knew that is was not a special on ground beef she had discovered at the grocery store.
While in town she just happened to stop by one of the local gun shops. (It seems that her car to has now devoloped a major front end alignment problem and pulls to the nearest gun shop.) While there she handled (fondled) a used USP. (As luck would have it I had her Taurus PT-92 in a million pieces while working on the feed ramp and a few other "tune ups" when she got home.)
She talked for the rest of the evening about how good the H&K felt in her hand.
So after weeks of longing there may be a new USP coming into the Gunsligner family after all.....and if I'm good she may let me shoot her gun. ;)
This from a woman that only a few months ago knew or cared nothing about guns. :D

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!

citizen

Doesn't it ALWAYS seem that once you've got 'em figured out - they CHANGE. Enjoy your anticipation; and the results thereof. :)

------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Better to have it and not need it; than need it and not have it

CMOS

Gunslinger, you mean her hadn actually fits a full sized USP?

Impressive. ;)

I have 2 USP 9mm's - a Full size and a Compact. Just love em.

CMOS

------------------
NRA? Good. Now join the GOA!

The NRA is our shield, the GOA will be our sword.

twoblink

Congrats. Something similar happened to me and my gf. I told her I came into a little money and guess what she said? "I think you should go buy that Steyr you've always wanted. Did you want me to go with you to the gun store?" It's like this little switch flips in their brain.

I hate to be the guy mugging her if she's got an HK...

Great gun, great wife.

Albert

TexasRusty

Gunslinger

Don't feel bad. I used to have a very nice Sig P239 in 9mm. Now it is my wifes. She still lets me shoot it every now and then but she is the one that carries it. Go figure.

Don Gwinn

Staff Emeritus
Good on you. And as a last resort, you can use a woman's own aversion to guns against her. That's how I kept my wife's birthday getaway trip a secret. I talked (whined and cajoled) her into letting me put a used *&* 686 on layaway. I really did want the gun, but I didn't put it on layaway. Since it would have cost about $300 in smaller increments, she didn't notice that I was paying those amounts out for the hotel reservations, etc. Worked like a charm, with the sole drawback that I don't actually get the gun. I tried to talk the dealer into it but he was hung up on the point that he should actually recieve money for the firearm rather than the hotel, so the talks went nowhere. Some people don't understand compromise.

LASur5r

Gunslinger,
I knew I have precognition,,,I had a feeling that you'd have a new little addition to your family.

Course, didn't know it'd be a new little H & K. Hope Miss Terri lets you carry it once in a while.

My wife fell in love with her little carry gun (3913) after she tried about four other types. The little feller was my first real compact and of course that was the one my wife wanted.

I get to oil and clean it from time to time. Sigh>

Be happy that it's at least in your house and hope that someday Miss Terri sets her eyes on another little critter to add to your family. Take care and enjoy.

Gunslinger

Oh, she also needs a pair of single action .45's so she can start Cowboy Mounted shooting in the spring. We're going to the big Tulsa shosw later this month where is sure to fall in love with some engraved guns as well.....she always does. So her wish list may even exceed mine now. ;)
Don that was a sweet plan. It is a shame the dealer was not more understanding. The man obviously has no sense of romance. :rolleyes: :D

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!