terminalogy question

Smokey Joe

That's all covered...

.41 Rem mag fan--Go to the toolbar at the top of the TFL page; click on "Library." When you get there, scroll down to "Acronyms, Abbreviations, and Terms." There are several sources listed there, including an "Acronym Finder."

Resources!! We got resources!!

Lavid2002

MOA=Minute of angle, it isnt a measurement (I.E. one inch, one foot, one yard etc...) But rather an angle much like this angle < Purely for asthetics and laughs lol....
ANYWAYS!
Back to the MOA
One MOA or Minute of angle. Is roghly 1.04" at 100 yards (I think dont get hissy if im wrong) Thus the MOA is QUITE CONVENIENT! Many scope adjustments are in 1/4 MOA

APPLIED KNOWLADGE

You shoot at a target 100 yards away and have a three shot group just 3/4" off to the right. Your scope is adjustable in 1/4 MOA clicks. Simply adjust the scope 3 clicks to the left(1 click=1/4" @100 yards) and your on target!

Theres the basics....but theres one more thing. Remember the MOA being an ANGLE. The MOA spreads as you go down range. 1MOA @ 200 yards is 2.08" 1 MOA @ 300 yrds is 3.12" etc......

Get it?

SUB-MOA
Some guns are garanteed to shoot MOA groups out-of-the-box. Meaning if you do your part the gun can shoot a 1"group at 100 yards. : D

Sub-moa just means smaller than one moa.
I.E. I a half inch group at one hundred yards today bro! Thats SUB MOA!

Hope this helps
-dave
P.S. google search will help

shooter_john

MOA... Minute of angle. Roughly 1" @ 100yds, 2" @ 200 etc.
Sub-MOA... Less than 1 MOA

Very basic answer, but should give you a start!

.41 rem mag fan

got it!

Wow to all, that was quick. Thanks for reference to the library. While reading some of the different forums, not knowing what all the acronyms mean kind of throw off understanding what is meant in the post. Thanks again.