Tennessee Is a Constitutional Carry State

NobodyJones

Tennessee Governor Lee signed the Bill today to make Tennessee a Constitutional Carry State.

This is a HUGE victory for law abiding gun owners.

Philellis2710

Tennessee Governor Lee signed the Bill today to make Tennessee a Constitutional Carry State.

This is a HUGE victory for law abiding gun owners.
We are clearly seeing a wave of states that are taking various actions to protect their citizens rights on a variety of 2A issues. We always hear warnings that these state laws are useless because they don't Trump federal law. That is correct legally, but far from correct politically.

There is no question that the federal government despises illegal drug use. The harsh campaign against marijuana is proof enough. Legally, simple possession of marijuana could get you very long jail sentences. About 15 years ago, states started to change.

As states reduced penalties a d even legalized cultivation and sale of pot, the federal government going itself paralyzed. While equiped with a myriad of federal laws, they were more constrained by the political message sent by states. Enough is enough. Now, the federal government barely even attempts to enforce federal law.

This could also happen with gun laws. States are clearly fed up with the twisted way the federal government runs slip-shod over the 2A. They are taking action. As this continues, we will see STATES being the primary protector of our rights. I predict either the supreme court will issue some future ruling that anything that hampers gun use, possession, taxation, or any other control to be illegal. If they don't, our states will eventually take POLITICAL control of the issues, making federal law potentially moot.

Never give up hope. Crazy actions by nuts like Joe Biden only hasten this eventuality. Our states have been, and will always be, the entity that guarantees us life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BCR1 said:
I like crossing borders so I'll just keep my permit for now.
There's another reason to keep your permit(s): the federal Gun Free School Zones Act. That's the law that makes it unlawful to carry a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school zone. (And that means within 1,000 feet of any part of the school's property, and it applies to private and parochial schools as well as to public schools).

There is an exception to the GFSZ A: if you hold a license or permit issued by the state in which the school is located. That's a primary reason why I continue to maintain non-resident permits for several states where I can now carry without a permit. Granted, the odds are against being busted by a federal LEO for carrying within 1,000 feet of a school, but I would prefer not to take the chance.

DMK

First of all, congratulations for all of you in TN! That is a big political victory.

We are clearly seeing a wave of states that are taking various actions to protect their citizens rights on a variety of 2A issues. We always hear warnings that these state laws are useless because they don't Trump federal law. That is correct legally, but far from correct politically.

There is no question that the federal government despises illegal drug use. The harsh campaign against marijuana is proof enough. Legally, simple possession of marijuana could get you very long jail sentences. About 15 years ago, states started to change
This is a good analogy. It is why we need to keep pushing for more states to enact 2nd amendment sanctuary laws. The Feds do not have the manpower to enforce all the federal laws without the help of state and local police.

Imagine if every state with constitution carry was also a 2nd amendment sanctuary?

NobodyJones

There is no question that the federal government despises illegal drug use. The harsh campaign against marijuana is proof enough. Legally, simple possession of marijuana could get you very long jail sentences. About 15 years ago, states started to change.

As states reduced penalties a d even legalized cultivation and sale of pot, the federal government going itself paralyzed. While equiped with a myriad of federal laws, they were more constrained by the political message sent by states. Enough is enough. Now, the federal government barely even attempts to enforce federal law.

This could also happen with gun laws. States are clearly fed up with the twisted way the federal government runs slip-shod over the 2A. They are taking action. As this continues, we will see STATES being the primary protector of our rights. I predict either the supreme court will issue some future ruling that anything that hampers gun use, possession, taxation, or any other control to be illegal. If they don't, our states will eventually take POLITICAL control of the issues, making federal law potentially moot.

Never give up hope. Crazy actions by nuts like Joe Biden only hasten this eventuality. Our states have been, and will always be, the entity that guarantees us life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I believe you are correct in your view that multiple states making laws to protect gun rights will eventually weaken and make the federal gun grabs moot.