Tell me what i'm getting

458winshooter

Found a 469 Smith today while bumming around in the pawn shops.I was looking for a Bersa 9 compact pro for CCW but this is 12+1 and I think about the same size.Feels good in my hand and not at all heavy in my pants pocket so a holster should do fine.I know it can use the larger mags from the 59s.$319 was the price by the way.

Ozzieman

The Model 469 came from the 59 series. I have owned the 639 and 659 and they are good guns. The only thing I dont like about the 469 is the magazine disconnect. Round in the chamber no magazine and the gun wont shoot.
It will take the 14 round magazine of the 459.
I would say that if the finish is good and the gun over all appears to be in good shape that’s good price.
Did you get a box and any magazines?

dgludwig

You got a very nice, "Second Generation" Smith at a decent price. These pistols are known for their robust construction and uber reliability. Bersas are nice but, imo, Second and Third generations are better.

458winshooter

469 ammo

Can anyone recommend what ammo to use ?I've read some were police guns what ammo was issued for them?What weight?+P or no?thanks

Skans

I think most of the 2nd Gen 59-series guns can handle just about anything you want to feed it. I know that my 659 is a tank and will handle hot loads just fine.

rock185

What you're getting is a very reliable little pistol. I've owned a fair number of 1st., 2nd. and 3rd. Gen. S&Ws. I have shot +P, and even +P+, in several with no ill effects. Were it mine and I determined it was in good condition structurally, I would not hesitate to use +P in it......ymmv

SauerGrapes

You can shoot most anything u want ammo wise. Mag disconnect can be removed pretty easy if that bothers you. I've taken it out of my 5906 and 4006.