Tell me about the Colt Cobra

Jason280

I just picked up a 2" Cobra in .38 Special yesterday, and its an absolutely beautiful gun. The finish is polished nickel, with a set of dark blonde Herrett style grips. It was manufactured around 1975-76, and I could not believe the condition it was in when I first saw it. Lock up is extremely tight, and I don't think it has had more than a box of shells through it. In fact, only four of the cylinders show in powder residue, so it wouldn't surprise me if the gun has only seen 4 rounds! Given its condition, I think it has spent a lot of its time in a safe!

Anyone else use a Cobra? The double action pull is OK, but the single is excellent. I am very impressed with this revolver!

Shaun

have one.....love it.....carry it

Pokey01011.jpg

Pokey01004.jpg

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
I don't have a Colt Cobra, but I do have 2x 2nd series (1947-1972) Colt
Dick Special's; and one of them is a factory nickel model that has only
been test fired, with NO cylinder drag line visible. The other one is a
pristine blued model that would grade out at 98%+, using the N.R.A.
standards as the mark of judgement~!:cool: Enjoy:D

Laserlips

100_5040.jpg

I like both of my Cobras.. I use the older one with a Barami Hip Grip as a vehicle gun. If I have a breakdown or whatever I can just slip the Cobra in my waistband and walk for help..

As silly as it may sound I use the other (better conditioned) Cobra in my master bathroom as a hideout gun. If I'm on the crapper and bg's stop by for an unannounced visit I don't want to have to come out of the bathroom with only my pe.. uh. empty toilet roll in my hand..

The nickle DS serves similiar duty in the kitchen. Anybody coming in unannounced while my bride of over 38 years is baking will be in for a big, shiny, surprise. She CAN shoot it too.

You just can't have too many guns stashed around IMO.. Oh yeah, we are senior citizens and we live in a rural area of SE Ga. No small children generally come around, and the firearms ARE safely hidden, but readily accessable. I would NOT have such hidden firearms stashed around if small children were a problem.

JMOFO :D

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

VinRR

Very nice. I am looking for one of those myself, just like yours. I saw your post on ARFCOM. Just wondering, why are you selling so soon if you just got it?.. if you dont mind me asking.

mthalo

As silly as it may sound I use the other (better conditioned) Cobra in my master bathroom as a hideout gun. If I'm on the crapper and bg's stop by for an unannounced visit I don't want to have to come out of the bathroom with only my pe.. uh. empty toilet roll in my hand.

Well, even sillier would be to use a semi auto for the same role. You would need to do a lot of practice to avoid the follwing scenario.
Crime scene investigator: "Were not really sure what happened, but from the looks of it, he was jumped by a lot bad guys, and screwed up when reloading his pistol. We found a Glock on the floor with a wad of toilet paper stuffed up the magazine well" :)

P.S. Great collection of snubs!

Majic

The finish is polished nickel, with a set of dark blonde Herrett style grips.
Those are the factory stocks that Colt used on the D-frames before going to the rubber grips.