• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Tech support.

ShadedDude

ok I got a problem...

I have come to the realization that
when I come to the forum, everything is ALWAYS new. I think the cookie from my very first visit is stuck or something. I have a few threads that are always yellow, but the majority are red. Also I always get cross hairs on the main page...havent seen a bullet hole yet.
Took me awhile to realize this =D
Any suggestions?

Bet you're using Netscape Navigator like me. It has to do with an early on change we did.

Here's the fix:
-Go to your Netscape Directory
-Search for Cookies.txt
-Open it with a text editor.
-Delete all lines including the text: thefiringline
-Come back to the Forums

All the posts will still show as unread, but after the first time your cookies will update properly.
Let us know if this works.
Rich

ShadedDude

actually no, I using IE.
I would love to be using netscape...but netscape has decided that it will no longer alow java to exsist on my computer...this as soon as it sees anything more complext than a rollover it crashes, and takes my entire system with it.
I've tried to reinstall, and install stand alone versions. Nothing has helped, so for now I am limited to IE. I will get around to fixing it eventualy because, well hey, life just looks better in netscape =)

Zach

ShadedDude the cookies file in IE is at

C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files<Br>
This is where it stores all cookies, it is a little time consuming because you have to say Yes i want to delete this cookie for EVERY cookie.

Kodiac

There is a program called Cache and Cookie Washer. What it does is keep you from storing cookies and history on you - except the cookies YOU want to keep. This has many advantages. When I started out I did know about them - after a year of heavy internet use my HD was full and I didn't know why untill I opened up my cookie file. This program keeps that from happening while managing the ones you want to keep. Try it out - free download. You will have to search for it, search off snap.com or hotbot.com - you should find it with no problem... Also a program called WINDOWS WASHER is very handy as well. I found these off the Kim Komando web site www.komando.com She is the science editor for popular science magazine - and gorgeous as well - worth the look.

ShadedDude

Cool. I ate all my cookies and now my screen is full of bullet holes =)

Zach was right on both counts, they are in the temp I-net files...and you do have to kill each one. But it worked!

Thanks alot guys!