TC Venture

warbirdlover

swmbo gave the okay to buy a new rifle with the tax return and I've settled on the TC Venture probably in .270. I wished they made it in .270 WSM but not a big deal. I wished they made the predator in some bigger calibers. Love the looks of that one.

Just looking at the innovative rifling and other features and the 1 MOA guarantee it seems like a no brainer. The price is right.

Anyone have one of these and if so are you happy with it?

Nickanto

Not trying to change your mind, but I'd take a look at the Tikka T3. It WILL shoot sub moa. Not saying the Venture won't, but for the money the T3 is very very hard to beat.

warbirdlover

I was looking at the Tikka and liked them as much as this but it appeared you had to buy their optilock mounts which run $70 for the bases and $70 for the rings. Now, after some more reading, (maybe I'm wrong) I think the integral blocks on the Sako and Tikka take Weaver rings? Anyone know for sure?

In any case I've changed my mind on the Venture. I've found numerous new Sako A7 stainless/synthetics in .270 WSM (the caliber I really want) for under $700. That is a bargain. I was looking at Savage but when you get the stainless with the accutrigger and accustock you're paying as much as for all the other bolt actions. No bargains from Savage anymore.

COgunner

I bought a Venture recently (30-06), but have only taken it to the range once to sight it in, shooting Remington 150 gr. soft points. I was shooting about 2 m.o.a., but that was first time out, not very good ammo, and only a few rounds. I'm confident it will shoot <1 m.o.a. when I work up some handloads using 168 or 180 gr. Sierra MatchKings. I'm in CO and we're having a lot of snow and cold weather, so it may be a while before I get back to the range.

I've heard a lot of good about the T3, Weatherby Vanguard, and, of course, the Savages with AccuTrigger. I liked them all and was having a tough time choosing, but I have a buddy who's been into benchrest shooting for decades and he was kinda pushing me toward the Venture, so that's what I got. Sorry I can't give you a better recommendation, but hopefully I'll be able to put a few more rounds down the tube in the next few weeks.

warbirdlover

I started another thread (decisions decisions decisions) since I'm not leaning towards the Venture anymore. Please switch comments up to that thread. Thanks!!