TC Senecas

Pahoo

As I have stated before, traditional SideLocks touch my heart. One of my favorites are the TC-Senecas. I have seen them with bad stock and rusted out bores. Had never had a problems with the locks until lately. It had a worn Tumbler. Thought about having the worn spots re-welded but determined that this was not realistic. I was now left with a SideLock that was not safe to shoot. ...... :(

Then I ran across NOS Tumblers on EBay. Bought one with new fly and now my .36 squirrel rifle is back in business. ..... ;)

Just thought I'd mention it as it's only a matter of time before other Senecas start going bad and TC no longer supports these. ..... :mad:

Be Safe !!!

B.L.E.

.36 caliber is one of muzzleloading's best kept secrets. So fun, so pleasant to shoot, it's a shame it's not more popular.

B.L.E.

As the kids would say; .....

SWEET !!!

And under-rated. I took a second place in the men's offhand rifle aggregate score at the TMLRA "Frost on the Cactus" spring shoot last weekend using a TC Hawken with a GM .36 drop in replacement barrel.

I usually score in the top three at those shoots with that gun. It's easy to shoot good scores with a gun that barely kicks.

roashooter

I have always regretted passing a pristine Senaca 36....but am very pleased and proud of my TC Cherokee..32....sure is sad that TC stopped production of the traditional bp rifles.

Pahoo

It's all relative

Usually not too awfully expensive either..
Cost is relative and for me, paying $230.00 +, for this lock is a "TAD" much. Not only that, but they are not all that common. I'm happy to pay $38.00 for the tumbler. ....... :rolleyes:

I have always regretted passing a pristine Senaca 36
Same here and it took me 25yrs. of looking before I found mine. ...... :)

Be Safe !!!