tc prohunter 22-250

flyboy14

found a used tc prohunter in 22-250 priced at 569.00. Bore looks good, someone added a second sling stud to the forearm, and there is a mounting screw missing, but besides that gun is in like new condition. Talked the guy down to 525.00 and they will order me a new screw for the forearm. Also has stainless leupold single piece scope base, no rings. Priced the same gun new at scheels for 789.00. Seems like a good deal to me, but wanted to compare notes with someone who uses and is familiar with the tc. The only other tc I have is an older muzzleloader. Have looked into getting different barrels but this seems like the way to go. Also anyone who has shot the prohunter, curious as to the accuracy. Thanks flyboy14

R.Childs

Do yourself a favor. Before buying it, take the forearm off and check for loose motion in the hinge pin. Wiggle the barrel back and forth. If you see lateral movement(left to right) then you have too much freeplay between the hinge pin to receiver or hingepin to barrel lug.

This is one of the problems with the tc system. If you have a lot of movement, the gun won't shoot accurately. Upon firing, the barrel will whip back and forth and you'll probably see a lot of horizontal stringing in the gorups. The fix is pretty simple according to how much slop there is in the hingepin. Usually a .001" oversize pin will take out the play but sometimes you have to go a little bigger and this requires reaming of the receiver and barrel lug. You can go to http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php for alot of good info about the Encores, Contenders, and G2's.