Tax Pistols

TunnelRat

Yea buddy, first year filing jointly with the wife. If I'd known how much more I would get back I would have gotten married sooner! :p

Kevin_d77

Wow. Been married for two years, owed money both times. Very very disappointing. Hopefully it will be corrected this year!

FALPhil

Sorry for the thread hijack.
Yea buddy, first year filing jointly with the wife. If I'd known how much more I would get back I would have gotten married sooner!
If you are getting money back, it means you did something wrong. What happened to you is that Uncle Sugar got use of your money throughout the year for free. He didn't pay you any interest on it, even though you loaned it to him. Your goal should be to file your tax return without having to pay anything (they charge you a penalty if you didn't allow them to withhold what you owe them) and without Uncle having to pay you anything.

Anything else is bad economics.

lamarw

Just remember, the spouse also gets a share of the tax return to enjoy. :)

I did a fair job of tax planning this past year. I did not get enuff back to buy a new toy. Kevin, I hope you didn't owe much. Zero-ing in at either the minimum amount owed or received back indicates your ability to shoot a bullseye. ;)

4x4Ric

I plan on getting something, not exactly sure yet, had to sell my Taurus a few months ago, so Im looking to replace it, may be a Glock or a S&W shield, not sure yet :confused:

arizona98tj

While it took me the past several months to find what I was looking for, the purchase had no relationship to a tax refund.

That being said, I picked up this XD-S. Ton of fun to shoot! :D

xds45-1.jpg

915A

Mine will be belated, but it will be my Sig 1911 Nightmare Carry, and Ruger SR40c. The Ruger being more of a welcome home from deployment, but either way its a new addition!

Gdawgs

I technically didn't buy any pistols with my refund, but I did pick up two Ruger SP101 revolvers. One chambered in 327 mag and the other in 22.

TunnelRat

Mine will be belated, but it will be my Sig 1911 Nightmare Carry, and Ruger SR40c. The Ruger being more of a welcome home from deployment, but either way its a new addition!

That SIG is a handsome gun.

msuforeman

I bought a Sig P226 Tac Ops with part of my return. Nice shooting gun--only have about 100 rounds thru it so far though.

Ozzieman

That’s what I did ever year. I tried to set it up so that I would get enough back for a nice gun.
Then an occurrence took place in my life that stopped all of that, including a Christmas present gun to myself and one for the company profit check each year and birthday and 4 of July.
Got married 10 years ago.
Any further explanation is not necessary,,, right?

kealil

Mine was a Springfield XD45 Compact. Been meaning to get something to carry that started with a '4' :)

I actually started "saving" for this gun through my Backup Withholding. Started taking an extra $40 dollars a paycheck out to put aside for taxes. Best case Scenario: I would have extra leftover/bigger return. Worst Case Scenario: I would have paid so much extra in taxes that even if I would normally owe, I would actually owe much less.

Luckily for me, it turned out to be the former:D

Attachments

• hgsubcom_071207a.jpg
    hgsubcom_071207a.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 16

bikerbill

Loved your beagle tale, Lunger ... mine will eat anything that isn't nailed down, including dust bunnies, bottle tops and rose petals ... and it's not like we starve him; the vet is always hounding me (no pun intended of course) to put him on a diet ...

we got a refund this year for the first time in many moons, but it won't be fetching any firearms; my true love says we need new carpet in the living room ... I went out last week and bought a Ruger LCR in .22 magnum as a protest ... with my own money ... sigh ...