Taurus with shrouded hammer?

TruthTellers

I recently found out that Taurus made snub revolvers with shrouded hammers like the S&W humpbacks are. Does Taurus still make them and about how much are they in price?

In case my terminology isn't right, I'm talking about Taurus revolver with the little nub of the hammer sticking out so it minimizes snagging.

taurpic2851129ul.jpg

Kvon2

So they have the 650 and 850 still in production but I believe the hammers on those models are both fully concealed.

You can't access the hammer like you can in the picture above but still a snag free idea.

TruthTellers

So they have the 650 and 850 still in production but I believe the hammers on those models are both fully concealed.

You can't access the hammer like you can in the picture above but still a snag free idea.
Doesn't surprise me that they make a DAO with a fully concealed hammer, practically every major revolver manufacturer offers one, but my interest is with one that has a single action capability and the little nub of the hammer sticking out like in the picture.

Kvon2

Got it. I don't believe they currently make one. The closest I've seen is their poly protector which seems to have a smaller hammer but not quite what you're looking for.

lee n. field

Got it. I don't believe they currently make one. The closest I've seen is their poly protector which seems to have a smaller hammer but not quite what you're looking for.

A quick search on Taurus USA's website shows the 851 and 651 both listed as "archived item".

MillCreek

I have a 651 and as noted above, they are no longer made. I will soon be getting a Protector Poly which has the same hammer configuration as the 651. My 651 is a very nice revolver that has worked reliably for me.

In The Ten Ring

I prefer a shrouded hammer because you never know when you need a hair trigger shot. I needed one two years ago and I'm very glad I had that option. I doubt I could have hit the target with a DAO version.

I carry a Smith but I heard the Taurus has a longer ejector rod.

JERRYS.

a long time ago I owned a Taurus 850 Ti CIA. it was a food gun and the factory porting made it easy to shoot +p.