Taurus Ultralight

Doug S

I've been considering a Taurus Model 85 Ultralight for some time. I found one for $275. I'm a little concerned about the reliability of the gun. I've noticed a lot of posts stating that this revolver may not be very durable. I would appreciate any feedback concerning this guns durability. Is this something I should be concerned about? Also is $275 a decent price? Thanks for any info.

Gino

My friend and I both bought Ultralites a couple of years ago. They have both started to have problems. However, we have prob shot close to 1000 rounds in each of them. I'm in the process of sending mine back to Taurus (lifetime warrantee) and my friend is going to have his cleaned by a gunsmith. Both of these guns have seen pretty hard service. I'll let you all know how it does after they send it back...

Kentucky Rifle

Doug,
My wife likes revolvers. When she got her carry license, I bought her a Taurus Total Titanium (85) It's very similar to the Ultralight. She loves it. It is very accurate and durable. She shoots Federal 125gr. Nyclad hollow points.

Will

------------------
Mendacity is the system we live in.

jeffelkins

My wife has had excellent service from her Taurus 85UL. I just bought a Taurus .44 Special snubbie today at a gun show.

Superb weapons