Taurus Tracker 44 mag ? price/quality

superpelly

Taurus Tracker 44 mag SS, ported, with box, new condition for 349.00

Looking for a light weight gun, I do have a Smith 44 mag, but its heavy and way to nice for carrying a gun while bow hunting ( northern WI, bears and Wolves)

Should I jump on it?

JACK308

I'm buying a ruger redhawk 44 mag for bears and wolfs use hard cast 240 grains.Not to many people like the Taurus 44 when I held it it was to light for a 44.

chewie146

I'd question the reliability of Taurus. If you get a good one, though, it's a great deal. My dad has great luck with some mid range 300 grn Nosler handloads in his Taurus model 44. His happens to be a great one.

plateshooter

I have a 6.5" Tracker in 44 mag. It is probably the most accurate 44 I have or have had. Great sights, compact frame, good trigger in single action and double action out of the box.

Taurus has been making revolvers since 1941. Just carefully check out the one you are interested in. Check the chambers for roughness, be sure there is no binding in the cylinder rotation, check the timing, and you should be good to go.

That is a good price for a new gun. It is what I paid for the one I have, and I feel my money was well spent.

superpelly

Got to shoot Yesterday, only shot 10 times and thats enough!:eek:!!!! Wow does that gun bark!!!! Shot at 10 yards, hit bullseye area 10 times , seems accurate. Next time I'll try 20 yards.