Taurus Tracker .357

Eric708

I was wanting to know everyone thoughts on the Tarus Tracker .357 with the 6.5" barrel cause I'm thinking bout buying one I saw one today at the gunshop nib for $400 is that a good price and is the gun worth buying thanks Eric

LH2

What do you plan to mainly use the gun for?

Have you checked out a Ruger GP100? I think the Ruger is a better value for similar money.

Eric708

i'll use the gun just play around with at the shooting range and to leave on my nightstand when i'm sleeping

Taurus_9mm

Taurus Tracker

Greetings Eric,

I recently purchased a very lightly used .357 Tracker in the 6.5" configuration for $260 a little over two months ago.

My thoughts regarding this revolver is that it's a well-made piece and performs quite well in the accuracy department. I've put 125 grain and 158 grain .357 fodder through it as well as 50 rounds of .38 Special. Additionally, I look forward to driving some Buffalo Bore 180 grainers down the barrel in the near future.

For my needs, which are essentially the same as yours, it meets them.
I don't feel you can go wrong with this firearm IMHO.

My 0.02 cents. :)

Bulldozer

I had a 4" Tracker 357. Good gun.

I put about 3,000 rounds through it before I traded it.

It's a good budget piece.

mjrodney

Our Taurus .357 (model 627) has about 1000 rounds through it now, mostly Walmart's Winchester .38 specials, though.

At the range, we find it to be a fun paper puncher, accurate out to the 25 yard line. Have not tried it any further out.

At home, it serves as a BUG to our .45.

Petre

I have the 4" 627 and it has performed flawlessly for over 1000 rounds.

Comparing it to any of my other brand guns from Colt, Beretta and Ruger , if I'm being totally honest ... I don't see a significant difference whatsoever in the ability or reliability of any other brand , over the Taurus guns I have. Each has it's pluses and minuses.

croyance

They do make the best looking full lug out there in my eyes.

I find Taurus revolver triggers a mixed bag. Smooth is not the first thing I will ever think of.

alexedge

wow this is the exact gun I have been looking at, and if I found a used one for $260 I would snap it up in a second!

the 4" seems to be much more popular, I have been to three shops that have 1 or more of the 4" version in stock but I have yet to find a 6.5" new or used. Damn I wish I could find a used one at a local SoCal shop (hate shipping stuff I prefer to look at and touch before I buy...)