Taurus Titanium Revolver question

deanadell

Have a co-worker who's been looking for a "back-pack gun" to carry on weekend hikes.

He was at a gun shop/indoor range this weekend looking at a 5-shot Taurus .45 ACP revolver. From what I can gather, it was probably the Taurus Total Titanium Model 455 Tracker.

Here's the question:

He says that when test firing it this weekend, it printed "real high"....basically most of his shots were centered for windage, but printing nearly off the top of the target.

The revolver is in his price range and he likes it, but came to me concerned about this accuracy issue. Best I could tell him was that if he bought it he would need to try out some different ammo, didn;t know what they gave him at the range to try out the revolver, but if ti was +P ammo, could have caused the high groups.

Any other thoughts?

Erich

Not really. The .41 mag 2.5" Ti Taurus that I had (the 415Ti, IIRC) would print at POA at 10 yards with my 215-grain handloads, so I was happy with it. It was darned unpleasant to shoot (though less unpleasant than I would have thought for a 21-oz .41 mag) and not really controllable in rapid DA fire so I traded it off. Didn't lose any money (got it super-cheap brand new), so I was happy.