Taurus tcp

Barney1023

Picked one of these up yesterday for my Conceled carry test really wanted a lcp but for the price and after holding it really couldnt pass it up. It felt real good in my hand small enough to fit in my front pocket and at 7 yards with the first 20 rds through the gun put all but 1 right dead center of the chest. Not bad for me not really used to handling such a small gun. Every one there ended up wanting to shoot it and even the females there hit the target with , even the intsructor wanted to shoot it and he put two rds touching in the head. Got to say so far I'm pretty happy with it so far I'm a ruger fan but anyone looking for a small 380 I would deffinatly recommend a tcp.

TennJed

I really like mine. I also have a Kel Tec P3AT and i have a shooting buddy with the LCP and my father in law has the S&w. I like the TCP the best of the 4. Zero failure after several hundred rounds and the most accurate of any of the small 380s I have shot. Add the slide lock on it and the fact that new ones are common for $199 I think it is the best value in small 380.

wilson133

I carried a Kel-Tec P3-AT as a back up for years. I shot it to the point where it had to be rebuilt by the factory. Got a TCP in a trade and once I shot it, the Kel-Tec was replaced. The TCP is softer shooting and more accurate.

Big_Bullet

I just bought a new one in stainless today.

I was going to buy the Ruger, but I wanted the rust resistance of a stainless slide and barrel. Ruger has a stainless slide version, but for a hundred dollars more. This one was $249. This gun fits the hand better than the Ruger or the Kel Tec. The Smith does feel good in the hand. The trigger of the TCP is much better than the Smith, Kel Tec or Ruger. It came with two clips and a carry pouch with a belt clip. It stays open after the last round, the sights are very doable, unlike the sorry excuse for sights on the Ruger or the Kel Tec. I never thought I would purchase a Taurus anything, but the TCPs are made in USA. I never thought I'd purchase a 380. I had very little confidence in the round until I put 80 rounds through this today. I was impressed. It's a much more potent little round than I thought. I shot at an old cement foundation on our property and was surprised at how much damage this little round can do. I also shot several discarded objects in the scrap metal pile. Again, more than I expected. I carry a 45, but when I absolutely can't carry it, I don't carry at all, which is the only reason I took a chance on the TCP. It's still early, but I would at this point say that this is truly a bargain for $249. Also, it shoots at point of aim and is incredibly accurate for a pocket pistol.

Last edited:

Mrgunsngear

I had one and it was a good little pocket pistol but I ended up selling it and keeping the BG380. Both will do the job however...

Yung.gunr

I also have a TCP and love it. I also looked at the Ruger LCP, S&W BG and the Kel Tecs. I agree that the trigger feels much better and having shot a KT I like the TCP much better.

Being severly limited in my daily carry, the TCP rides in my pocket every work day. Then on weekends it is only sometimes replaced by and XD or 92fs. It's just so easy and comfortable. I also have no qualms regarding the .380's capabilities. I am just a civilian and will likely never have to use it anyway.

2ndtimearound

I bought one 2 weeks ago and I love it. I carry it all the time, much easyer than my PT145. I carry mine in an Uncle Mikes #1 pocket holster, shoets longpants dosnt matter. Comfortable dont eaven relize I have it at times.