Taurus TCP: 380ACP @ 8.5oz 6+1

zakmatthews

Anyone know anything more about this? Anyone got a photo or the MSRP? It's supposedly showing at the Shot Show.

The following excerpt was taken from a G&A e-mail newsletter:

"Billed as the lightest Taurus firearms ever created, the 8.5-ounce 738 TCP (Taurus Compact Pistol) in titanium slide and 10.2-ounce 738 TCP in blue and stainless slide are not only the lightest semi-autos in the Taurus line, they are lighter than any of Taurus’ small frame revolvers too. The TCP offers 6+1 shots of .380 ACP or 8+1 shots with an included extended magazine, durable polymer frame and low-profile fixed sights. Available in blued, stainless or an even more lightweight titanium slide version, the TCP has a short, crisp single action/double action trigger pull. No detail was spared in the creation of the feature-laden model including ambidextrous magazine release, unique fish-scale pattern on the slide for positive pull and functioning and generously sized trigger-guard for quick, intuitive access."

GLM

From GunBlast.com

DSC04764.jpg

fastshotivy

I like to have one of them. I hope when they hit the store that they have a lot of them to sell....Not like now and you can't find one of the small 380's... Been looking for over 3 month now still no luck..

zakmatthews

Looks like it's engineers may have been severely beaten with the ugly stick as they were designing it. But if it works good, looks don't matter. No one is supposed to see it anyway . . . it's concealed carry.

Ace_Breaker

How many people would buy one of these over the proven reliable LCP? Or even a Walther? Given Taurus history of hit and miss quality I'm not really sure why anyone would take a chance.

btolliverjr

I would have no problem purchasing it. I have had no issues with Taurus guns. That said, I would still choose the LCP over it.

Sevens

How many people would buy one of these over the proven reliable LCP? Or even a Walther? Given Taurus history of hit and miss quality I'm not really sure why anyone would take a chance.
Proven reliable LCP? It's hardly been on the market for what, a year? And, a complete recall that even pulled the unsold ones from the dealer's case?

As for Taurus' history of "hit or miss quality", Taurus has a pretty tough time in the hallowed halls of TFL, but they sure seem to do pretty well out there in the gun stores... especially where the market isn't a group of hardcore gun folks (like us in here) who swap every single detail of every single experience we have with every handgun that ever existed.

I'm guessing that Taurus is going to aim for a price that makes it a decision for someone who sees it sitting next to the LCP in a display case.

Ace_Breaker

Proven reliable LCP? It's hardly been on the market for what, a year?

Are there rumors that the LCP is a piece of non reliable junk? I'm not hearing it. Like mine, most people are reporting that they are very reliable little handguns.

I look at it this way. Ruger has a reputation for reliable weapons that are built like tanks.

Taurus reputation, need I say more... It didn't help that every Taurus I owned broke and had to be returned to the shop, 3 of them. Not a good track record in my book. I won't be buying that ugly little thing, no way!

Also, have you ever tried to resell a Taurus? The price drops like a sack of rocks in water. Right now LCP's are selling for more than most people paid. I paid, $265 out the door.

Last edited: