Taurus revolver

neal bloom

A friend recently acquired a Taurus 905 9mm revolver. Since seeing it my wife wants one. A while back we had a terrible experience with a Taurus 605. Taurus replaced the 605 which I promptly traded for a GP100.

Should I take a chance again on a Taurus? Does anybody have any recent experience with a hammerless Taurus either in 9mm or 38 spl.?

denfoote

No, I would not!!

I recently took my 605 to the range. I was firing .38spl, about 100 rounds.
I had previously had it loaded with magnum fodder for carry. However, afterward, the carry loads would not seat in the cylinder!! I brushed the face with a bronze brush and also ran it through the cylinders to no avail!! My S&W 28-2 never did this!! I have not touched or looked at it since. The moral of this sorded tale is: Beware of Tauri!!
I used to be big on Taurus. But, after a bad autoloader and a couple of bum revolvers, no longer!! I'd get her a Smith!!

magsnubby

I have several Taurus handguns, an 85, 94, 605, 606 and a Millennium 9mm. I've put thousands of rounds through them without any problems at all. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Sir William

No. I recently tried to buy a 905. The information I got was that they were OOP. Out of production. The dealer said Taurus has dropped their revolvers that were in 45 ACP and 9MM because of issues with the Stellar clips. I know I couldn't buy one anywhere. Taurus revolvers have been good for me. I wanted a 905. I did buy a S&W M10-11 round butt in 38 Special instead. My M85 and M66 Taurus revolvers always worked fine.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Taurus .45ACP Revolvers

That's funny! As we just sold a NIB .45 ACP caliber snubby this week.
Haven't received any feedback yet from its owner, but if something
fills the air concerning this purchase I will be sure to pass it along.

Best Wishes,

neal bloom

Sure would like to find a 9mm SP101 for a good price! The price on Gunbroker for a Taurus 905 hammerless is very attractive. My .357 SP101 is a great gun but the spousal unit would like a smaller caliber. As we get older the .357 is a little much for her in a snubby. She has always coveted my S&W 547 but it is too large for her to carry in a purse. The 547 is the main reason we are interested in 9mm revolvers.

2002gti

if you mot in a hurry then just keep an eye on gunbroker and something will come up. i waited for a .357 sp101 and i finally got a barely used one for $260. if i had waited another week or two i could have gotten one for $225 but not as good a shape. 9mm might be tougher to get.

SouthpawShootr

Just picked up a SP101 in 9mm lightly used. Very tight. Paid $265 out the door. Wasn't on the prowl for one, but I did want a 9mm revolver.