Taurus revolver in 45 ACP

cnemeth

At the SHOW show Taurus had a new 5 shot revolver in .45 ACP.
Does anyone know when it will be available or have any detailed info about it.

Thanks
Chris

KML

Why a 5 shot????

I want a 6 shot that is the size as a S&W mountain gun.All the moon clips that are out there now hold 6,that means Taures will be the only supplier.

I have wanted a .45acp mountain gun for a long time.I finally had room on the credit card and my local range was haveing a S&W day with the S&W rep,all guns 10% over dealer price with a free trigger job,S&W signs the deal the week of the sale.I have not and will not buy a S&W until the get out of that deal.

P

PreserveFreedom

I wouldn't mind a 5 shot 45ACP wheelgun. In a bog caliber like that, 5 shots would leave you with a slimmer and more concealable cylinder.

Daedalus

From what I heard (and I am most likely wrong), the taurus has some new patented system for shooting rimless cartriges. Wouldn't that override the need for moonclips?

Johnny Guest

Moderator in Memoriam
A five-shot .45 ACP revolver?

Sounds pretty nifty. Is someone making five-shot moon clips? Or, really, there's nothing wrong with the .45 Auto Rim ctg, if you can tolerate either 230 RNL factory loads, or handloads.

I keep thinking of something akin to the old British Bulldog or Royal Irish Constabulary pocket revolver in days of yore. Of course, the yore-style trousers and vests had somewhat larger pockets . . . .;)

Best,
Johnny

juliet charley

I'd love one with a two-inch barrel, steel frame and no ports (particularly if the shortened cylinder/cylinder window enough to just accomodate .45 ACP cartridges.

Kermit

The nice thing about Taurus is that they're trying to fill the gaps left by S&W and Ruger in the revolver world. To see them adding product to their line is making it harder and harder to stay away. I may give them a 2nd chance if this 45 acp revolver makes its way into CA ;)

Kevinch

Well, that's good news - because I've wanted a .45ACP DA revolver for some time now & the choices are slim if you won't buy a new Smith & Wesson (as I won't). Seems like the clean used ones in my neck of the woods carry a premium too.

I was going to write that it is too bad it wasn't out sooner as I might have purchased one instead of the used M57 I just bought...but on 2nd thought it is probably a good thing. It would have been a tough decision, then I would have probably bought both & spent too much money.....again.....

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
What I'd like to see...

...are snubnose wheelguns in autoloader calibers (maybe a 6-shot 9mm, and 5-shot .40/10mm and .45 ACP, both on the same frame) that take advantage of the shorter OAL of autopistol cartidges. Shorter cylinder = lighter cylinder = lighter DA trigger pull. Shorter cylinder = shorter frame = shorter gun or longer barrel w/same overall gun length as conventional wheelgun.