Taurus PT1911 owners??

USPshooter

Any of you guys own a PT1911? I am in the midst of closing a deal on one and would like to hear from some owners on how well it shoots and just overall opinions...I've read nothing but good things in magazines but would rather hear from owners instead. Thanks

SKM&P9

USPshooter, picked mine up about 5 months ago, my first 1911, and definitely won't be my last ! The PT1911 has over 800 rds thru it to date, not one FTE,FTF, nada. I haven't been around handguns all that long, but this gun makes me look like I can hit the ten ring all day long. I was worried about the recoil, since I've only had 9mm and .22s, but it's actually very easy opn the hands. Not sure if it's the steel frame, but I actually prefer it over my M&P 9mm, and my PT111. WWB, Blazer brass, and even JHP rds. have all fed and ejected smoothly. You'll get the Taurus bashers saying it's a cheap gun, but so far, it's only the price that's been cheap.

tegemu

I've got one and am absolutely delighted with it. It's as good as most of my 1911's and better than some.

tuckerdog1

The only complaint I have about mine, is the checkering on the grips is a bit rough on my thumb, during recoil. Bought some aftermarket grips, and was hoping they would arrive in the mail today:D But they did not:(

Tuckerdog1

allenomics

The feature rich Taurus 1911 is a deal at $500. I'm hoping that it puts other gun makers on notice. Lower your prices!

tuckerdog1

Grips arrived.

attachment.php

Tuckerdog1

Attachments

• CIMG0966b.JPG
    CIMG0966b.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 1,554

irishguy

Taurus 1911

Have had my Taurus for about 3 months now. Approx. 500 rounds thru it w/o any FTF, FTE or any other issues. Can't beat it for the price and it shoots much better than I am capable of shooting it. I would highly recommend buying it for someone who is looking for a good quality .45 AUTO w/o breaking the bank. (Sorry for the crappy photo)

DSCN0477.jpg

Last edited:

2transams

Mine ran fine while I had it, it's off at Gemini Customs right now getting a trigger job. That's all it "needed". I mean,it's a $500 1911. Of course it could be better,but it's the best value in 1911-land for that price. My only complaints are a heavy trigger pull and junk grips...easily fixed,I've got enough grips to build a raft.:)