Taurus PT1911 ergonomics...

IM_Lugger

I'm thinking about getting a PT1911 but I'm yet to handle one. One thing I'm not sure about is the ergonomics of the front strap/ checkeing. I prefer front strap on 1911's to be smooth and round and I'm not sure if the Taurus's rectangular and checkered front starp is going to fit my hand. Since the checkeing is not very aggresive I'm mainly concerned about the 'square' shape...

Any thought?

Dabull

I find the checkering small enough that I do not really notice (other than the improved grip). The square checking on the Taurus Millenium Pros are large and sharp and stick into my fingers. The PT1911 is nothing like that.

Officer's Match

I love the ergo's of mine.

IMG_0010.jpg

tomh1426

I didnt like the way it felt in my hands because of the skinny grips with that wierd contoure.
I swithced to a set of Hogue rubber grips, their not pretty but they fit my hand really good.
Id still like to get a arched mainspring housing but I can live without it for now.
DSCF3050-1.jpg

KyJim

I prefer checkering/serrations to a smooth front strap of a 1911. I don't have the PT1911 but I would think the ergonomics would not be too much different than another 1911. I know there are differences but not radical differences. Why not go to a local gun store and try one out?