Taurus PT-22 or P22?

Sir William

I wonder which compact 22 lr semi-auto you would pick and why? No Rugers, no Neos and no Erma 22 Luger suggestions please.

r.w. schrack

p-22

I have owned a p-22 Walther for a while have put 1500 rds thru it had some minor problems at first but got all the bugs worked out now she is very reliable. Problems jam with the 44a mag after fired a while that stopped. The barrel nut worked loose a little blue loctite that stopped. I have been shooting the walmart green box remington and haven't had a problem in 6 range trips. Would recommend this weapon to you. Schrack

Apple a Day

I own a Taurus PT-22. It's a pocket pistol, a stick-it-up-your-attacker's-nose-and-empty-it-as-a-last-resort pistol. It isn't a target pistol. If you are looking for a plinker then you're probably better off with the Walther. If you are looking for something to wear on your ankle then you might consider the PT-22.

Shooter 973

Small 22 handguns?

I have a couple of Phoenix HP22's that have proven to be excellent handguns for such little bangers... :) They come in Black or Satin Nickel and hold 10 shots. They even have adjustable sights. Mine have been very reliable and surprisingly accurate. And they are much cheaper than either of the handguns already mentioned. About $120.00 Try one and see what you think. I like 'em.

kymasabe

Go Taurus !!!

:D As mentioned earlier...it really depends what you intend to do with the gun. As a range gun and plinker, the Walther is the way to go. If you want something to practice with at the range, then throw in your pocket, strap to your ankle, or stuff in a small IWB holster, then the Taurus PT-22 is your best pick. I just bought one a month ago, dual tone, rosewood handles, for $200 out the door, fees, taxes, everything and a free box of ammo. Mine is surprisingly accurate and has been flawless shooting with high velocity ammo. I recently took the rosewood grips off and installed a new Pearce grip. Looks better, easier to grip (the Rosewood gets a bit slick when wet/sweaty). I have a Kel-Tec.380 and I much prefer to carry my little Taurus instead of the Kel-Tec. :D

rapier144

I have a PT- 22 and let my girlfriend shoot it it would jam with her shooting watched what she was doing she was limp wristing it but when i shoot it don't have abit of problems out of it