Taurus PT-145 sights

JasoninSD

I recently purchased a PT-145 and after shooting about 150 rounds through it, I am fairly happy. My problem is that the gun is shooting low so I need to find a lower front sight. The front blade seems to be like a stake in a pocket with a retention screw holding it in place. I called Taurus and they said I would need an aftermarket sight but did not have any information on who makes such a sight. Does anybody have any information on replacements for this sight or am I going to need to go after the current blade with a file?

Thanks for your help, it is a great site here.

Jason

Trip20

First, if you haven't done so already, I'd have someone else (or a few people) try shooting to see if their results match my own. That way I could determine whether or not I just need to get used to the pistol, or if there is definitely something wrong with the sights.

If you're comfortable that the problem remains with the sights, you can try fiber optic Williams Fire Sights from Midway for $37.99 + shipping, or you can go with some Trijicon Night Sights from BudsGunShop.com for $74.93 + shipping.

Good luck.

JasoninSD

Trip,

Thanks for the links. I am confident it is a peculiarity to this pistol. I usually do not have that much trouble hitting close to point of aim. I have just been shooting off hand at about 10 yards but if I do my part I can keep 10 shots into about 3 inches but it is hitting about 6 inches low. We just got a foot of snow so I am unable to use my regular range but when it warms up I will try it at 25 yards off sand bags and go from there.

As a side note, for a new stainless .45 that cost $295 at Sportsman's Warehouse it seems to be a heck of a gun. I mainly got it as a carry gun and it fits the bill nicely in that regard. The DAO takes a little getting used to but if you have done any work with DA revolvers it is easy to live with.

Thanks,

Jason

tex45acp

Yes, Thank You Tripp,

I have been looking for a ser of replacement sights for my PT-145 as well. I was not aware that Trijicon mand any. I searched their website some time ago and found nothing. Are these something new and have you had then installed???

Thanks

Mike

Trip20

tex45acp -- I only know of the Trijicon's existance as I recently purchased a Mil Pro PT111SSP-12. I like the stock sights, but with the possibility that this pistol might be used for home defense by my girlfriend, I wanted night sights on it as well.

I have not ordered, nor installed either the Williams or Trijicons. I have every intention of ordering the Trijicons soon. I was hoping that Meprolights made a set for the Mil Pro PT###, however I can't seem to find one.

JasoninSD -- I didn't mean to imply you weren't a good shot. I hope you didn't take it that way. At any rate, since you've decided to employ your PT145 as a carry piece, I'd suggest the Trijicons. Hope they correct the issue for you. :)

Take care.

Ifishsum

My brother and I both bought Pt-140s recently and they both shoot a little low too - about 2" below POA @50 ft. If this was going to be used for target shooting I might start in with the file (I like a 6 o'clock hold for pistol) but I'll probably leave it alone.

JasoninSD

Trip,

No offense taken at all. In fact, if someone asked me that question I would have responded the same way. Thanks again for the links.

Jason

ulflyer

Jason: I had one a good while ago but can't remember how the sights were fixed in the slide; however, often the rear is easier to change on many guns so you might want to look into putting a taller rear one. Or, you could file the front one down a bit, but most likely you'd be filing into the white dot. If you don't mind losing the dot, that would work too.

Dave R

??? The sights on my PT-145 Millenium Pro are screwed on. Either front or rear can be replaced. Is that because mine is a newer model? Moot point for me, anyway. Mine shoots right to point of aim.